Volvo on call app problem.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Stanno

Post by Stanno »

Johnkavanagh wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:13 pm I would say the two would absolutely be connected. I’ve found that if I drive and the park in an area without reception, then the app just shows the state of the car before the connection was lost (or: in use).

Could have been a server issue, or simply a connectivity issue with your car at that time, but certainly if download centre isn’t connecting, it would stand to reason that the car may not have a connection either…
The car was definitely connected, I had the globe and apps such as Weather all worked fine and gave me the latest info., it was only Download Centre that was out of action.
Stanno
Momentum B4 FWD, Denim Blue, Climate Pack, Versatility Pack, Origin Inlays
Ordered : October 2020
Collected : 01 March 2021

Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

I’ve just updated the app the latest version (iOS, v5.6.0) and it’s broken the fuel consumption units. Previous versions had an option in the app settings dialogue to set what units to use for distance, volume and temperature. This option has been removed and units are now fixed, consumption now l/100km with no way to use mpg as before. The journal still shows distance in miles but consumption in l/100km. 🤨
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Rifleman wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:22 pm I’ve just updated the app the latest version (iOS, v5.6.0) and it’s broken the fuel consumption units. Previous versions had an option in the app settings dialogue to set what units to use for distance, volume and temperature. This option has been removed and units are now fixed, consumption now l/100km with no way to use mpg as before. The journal still shows distance in miles but consumption in l/100km. 🤨
Yes I noticed that as well 🤬
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
brigstowe

Post by brigstowe »

In response to my question to Volvo today, regarding the loss of mpg on the app, I was told that they were aware of the issue and were working on a fix. Watch this space. . .
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Chris John wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:43 pm
Rifleman wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:22 pm I’ve just updated the app the latest version (iOS, v5.6.0) and it’s broken the fuel consumption units. Previous versions had an option in the app settings dialogue to set what units to use for distance, volume and temperature. This option has been removed and units are now fixed, consumption now l/100km with no way to use mpg as before. The journal still shows distance in miles but consumption in l/100km. 🤨
I must be lucky, mine still offers all the various options.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

fisherman wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:26 pm
Chris John wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:43 pm
I must be lucky, mine still offers all the various options.
Are you sure you are using app version 5.6 fisherman?
If so, are you using the new or old interface?
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Yes it's 5.6 version.Dont know which interface it is ,The car is a 2020 D4.
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

fisherman wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:50 am Yes it's 5.6 version.Dont know which interface it is ,The car is a 2020 D4.
A version or two ago Volvo updated the user interface of the app. We were given the option of switching it back to the old interface if we didn’t like the new one, I chose to stick with the old interface. Volvo have not provided a method to change your mind and switch to the new interface at a later date. I was wondering if sticking with the old interface is the root of the problem.

I’ve answered that myself by installing app on my iPad and sticking with the new interface. The problem still exists so that’s not the cause.

Will just have to hope that Volvo fix it in a subsequent update…
Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

The Android version 5.6.0 has a new option of litres/100km, miles and mpg. The choices are in personal settings. I can't speak for the IOS version though. Maybe the change has broken it.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

I am using the android version, if that helps.