Spare wheel

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Just to close this out, initially asked the parts dept for the 3144.. number from bernard, but this flagged up as replaced by the second version, 3220.. Posted by pjm007 and others. Cost was £93, but it's exactly what i was after and tidies up the underfloor perfectly.

Many thanks all those that helped me.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21

pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Felindre wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 9:02 am Just to close this out, initially asked the parts dept for the 3144.. number from bernard, but this flagged up as replaced by the second version, 3220.. Posted by pjm007 and others. Cost was £93, but it's exactly what i was after and tidies up the underfloor perfectly.

Many thanks all those that helped me.

👍
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Glad you got sorted, and yes, it's a massive improvement over just the spare wheel and all the wiring showing. I just felt the wiring on show was vulnerable if I was using the underneath for storage, which I do.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Yes, my thoughts on the wiring. It just looks a bit vulnerable and exposed, would be good if there was a shield went over all those connectors. Happy i've now got a cover over it all, thanks for your help.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
T4_recharge_guy

Post by T4_recharge_guy »

Hi,

Apologies to re-open an old topic.

I have an ex dealer demo t4 recharge, also with the battery in the boot and the silly foam thing.

Please can you confirm the part numbers and prices for what you ordered for the whole spare wheel setup including:
- Wheel itself
- foam with Jack and tools in the middle of it
- foam that goes around the outside of it to keep in place
- new shaped underfloor cover for it

Many thanks
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

Hi, this is the full set of parts:

V32209727 Spare Wheel £78.50
V31680312 Box £27.80 This is the holder for the jack etc
V32243781 Jack £38.40
V31381637 Socket Wrench £ 5.50
V32271169 Tensioning Band £19.20 There is a strap that holds the wheel down, hooks into holes left and right, I think this was it.
V01281823 Retainer £ 3.83 Can't remember what this is...
V32205430 Container £77.50 This is the tray covering all under the boot floor.

All this ex VAT, so +20%....

You can see how it all fits in the first picture here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2565&start=10#p23225 .

The foam (second picture in that link) disc that they supplied that fits under the wheel, doesn't in fact fit the later models as the bracket for the battery blocks some of it's notches. It's meant to fit under the wheel, when the wheel is sitting flat face down. with the battery, the wheel is inverted, flat face up, and the tools holder stretches along the right side beside the wheel.

The disc, for reference is V31445788 Spacer £14.60 This I returned and had a refund.
T4_recharge_guy

Post by T4_recharge_guy »

Thanks Felindre for the detailed and useful information.

Just to close this one out with information for anyone else looking to add a spare wheel, it is different for Recharge PHEV versions than the mild hybrid versions.

In short, the battery is bigger, so you need the foam block to go underneath it.

My parts required/supplied were:

v31680031 - spare wheel
v32243744 - Jack
v31381637 - socket wrench
v31682085 - box - the foam box to go underneath it, which the jack and the tools sit within
v31678068 - tensioning band (strap to hold it all in place)

Once installed, the wheel only has maybe 2-3cm of clearance above it from the boot floor, and there isn't actually a container / tray mould designed to go over the spare wheel in the recharge versions (or so I am told).

I did also get the container V32205430, but it doesn't sit neatly / properly as the wheel is simply too high for it. What I will likely do is cut as neatly as possible a wheel shaped hole in this container, and then accept that the spare wheel will always be visible below the boot floor. At least this way the container will "fit" and provide coverage / protection for what would otherwise be exposed wires beneath the boot floor.

Hopefully this helps someone, and if anyone has any other bright ideas or tips before I cut up my container let me know!
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

T4_recharge_guy did you have a go at the modification you suggested , if so I would be interested to see the results, trading in my T4 petrol for a PHEV first week in Nov and considering what bits to remove swap with the new car?
Huxy99

Post by Huxy99 »

Just bought XC40 Inpiration Pro B4 mild hybrid and I’m trying to locate a spare wheel for the vehicle. I believe it goes under the floor on top of the 48v battery. What’s happens to the floor covering the battery , do you discard this and leave the spare open with only the main solid one piece floor covering it.
Where can I purchase a spare, is it main dealer only or somewhere online.
Any idea of cost

Thanks
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I posted extensively on this back last year. Check out my posts in pages 2, 3 and 4. Where I list everything and how it all fits. But yes, you do discard the moulded underfloor, but can purchase an alternative shaped piece.