Poll: Lead times ( from order till delivery)

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

What was (or is projected to be) the lead time for your XC40 (from order till delivery)

Less than 1 month
4%
Less than 2 months
9%
Less than 3 months
20%
Less than 4 months
16%
Less than 5 months
10%
Less than 6 months
12%
Less than 7 months
14%
Less than 8 months
5%
Less than 9 months
4%
More than 9 months/not known
6%

Total votes: 494

typolee

Post by typolee »

lous21 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:54 am Ordered my T4 Phev on 20th June. Requested for 1st September but advised mid September. Had a call mid August from the dealer saying it had been delayed a little but had a build date of 26th September and due to them between 8th and 22nd October. Now delayed until at least 29th October.
At least I was lucky with my charger...I recieved the last charger before a 4-5 month delay!
My T4 must be coming over on the same boat as yours! Been delayed until 29th October as well. Really wondering whether I will get the car this year at all

4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

4ksantorini wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:46 pm Update -

Had a call from the dealership that the car is expected to be delivered this Thursday/Friday and to pick up next Tuesday!
Had a call on saturday to say the car is at the dealership but cannot collect until Wednesday (getting closer)
browncamry

Post by browncamry »

browncamry wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:33 pm It’s hard lockdown in Melbourne, Australia. I called the dealer and put a conditional deposit down. FWIW I have not test driven the car (R Design) yet so this forum has been my eyes and ears.

It was meant to be delivered in Feb 2022. Sales guy calls me up after I agree and says the pearl white (what we asked for) just landed in Australia and I got my name on it. Apparently the only one! Could be some sales ploy to get me to double down but hopefully it’s legit. Some of the stories I’m reading here would suggest if it is that I am very lucky.

Of course I can’t pick it up until our lockdown ends - currently planned on November 5th!
Wow. My car is waiting for me to collect. That is 9 days after my initial contact. It's white+black top (R Design).

I have seen it in the flesh but I can't test drive it. Everything about it otherwise looks great. I could wait a month to test drive it before handing over cash, or I can just pick it up. What would you do??
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

browncamry wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:28 am
browncamry wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:33 pm It’s hard lockdown in Melbourne, Australia. I called the dealer and put a conditional deposit down. FWIW I have not test driven the car (R Design) yet so this forum has been my eyes and ears.

It was meant to be delivered in Feb 2022. Sales guy calls me up after I agree and says the pearl white (what we asked for) just landed in Australia and I got my name on it. Apparently the only one! Could be some sales ploy to get me to double down but hopefully it’s legit. Some of the stories I’m reading here would suggest if it is that I am very lucky.

Of course I can’t pick it up until our lockdown ends - currently planned on November 5th!
Wow. My car is waiting for me to collect. That is 9 days after my initial contact. It's white+black top (R Design).

I have seen it in the flesh but I can't test drive it. Everything about it otherwise looks great. I could wait a month to test drive it before handing over cash, or I can just pick it up. What would you do??

Pick it up. Carpe diem.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Websta24

Post by Websta24 »

lous21 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:54 am Ordered my T4 Phev on 20th June. Requested for 1st September but advised mid September. Had a call mid August from the dealer saying it had been delayed a little but had a build date of 26th September and due to them between 8th and 22nd October. Now delayed until at least 29th October.
At least I was lucky with my charger...I recieved the last charger before a 4-5 month delay!
Yeah ive had my charger installed, now i jsut need a car to charge!!

Dealer called me to say they hope to have it W/C 25th October....
Chevans

Post by Chevans »

I ordered a PHEV Inscription end of August with the dealer expecting for it to be delivered in Feb. Volvo came back and said it would be delivered end of October which I wasn't expecting given what others are experiencing. Followed up with the dealer today and it is still expected to be delivered at the end of October. I must be very lucky, going by this group it must be in the same build window as the ones delivered in October, I am wondering whether I am receiving a cancelled order?
4ksantorini

Post by 4ksantorini »

Chevans wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:13 pm I ordered a PHEV Inscription end of August with the dealer expecting for it to be delivered in Feb. Volvo came back and said it would be delivered end of October which I wasn't expecting given what others are experiencing. Followed up with the dealer today and it is still expected to be delivered at the end of October. I must be very lucky, going by this group it must be in the same build window as the ones delivered in October, I am wondering whether I am receiving a cancelled order?
It could be a possibility a cancelled order. Did you order any optional extra's?
Chevans

Post by Chevans »

4ksantorini wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:59 pm
Chevans wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:13 pm I ordered a PHEV Inscription end of August with the dealer expecting for it to be delivered in Feb. Volvo came back and said it would be delivered end of October which I wasn't expecting given what others are experiencing. Followed up with the dealer today and it is still expected to be delivered at the end of October. I must be very lucky, going by this group it must be in the same build window as the ones delivered in October, I am wondering whether I am receiving a cancelled order?
It could be a possibility a cancelled order. Did you order any optional extra's?
Airplay and a spare wheel both of which will be fitted by the dealer plus the power locks which will be done by the factory.
FirstTimer

Post by FirstTimer »

Checked in with my dealer today on my Incription T3 delivery, ordered end of June. Delivery has gone from 'late September' to '19th November at the dealer'! Leaves me without a car for over a month, and likely a month and a half, which is frustrating.
XC40 Inscription Auto, MY22, T3, Denim Blue. 360 Camera, Dark Tints, Seat Pack, Smartphone Pack. Was due September 2021, now October, and now end of November, finally January! 6 1/2 months :roll: . New to Volvos :D
Zedbox

Post by Zedbox »

I can see second hand prices rocketing