XC40 facelift coming?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Daniel.w.leigh

Post by Daniel.w.leigh »

As the XC40 is now the oldest model in Volvo's lineup without having had a facelift/refresh, do we think it's due one soon? The XC40 (ICE) and XC90 were the only models not to get the new Android Automotive system for MY22, and we know the XC90 is being replaced next year with an all-new model. Does this mean the XC40 is due a refresh next year, too?

I, for one, think it's WAY overdue that Volvo replace the halogen rear bulbs with LEDs, for example. The New C40 Recharge EV shows what an XC40 with LED/OLED rear lights and Pixel LED headlights would look like, so I assume some of these C40 'upgrades' will make their way onto the XC40 facelift, when it arrives!

Greggspies

Post by Greggspies »

From what I read the Volvo Android Automotive system has a along way to go and is full of problems. Volvo have been accused of launching a work in progress - Tesla may get away with that but a lot of Volvo customers are not happy. If a facelift XC40 is updated to AA any time soon, I'd be wary.
MY22 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro in Denim Blue with Blond Interior
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Daniel.w.leigh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:01 pm

I, for one, think it's WAY overdue that Volvo replace the halogen rear bulbs with LEDs, for example.
Really? That's not much of a facelift is it...hardly likely to appeal to the masses or be of any use in the real world.

Some would say there is already a facelift given how much has been removed from the specifications.

A mid life facelift is probably due next year but given the difficulties in supply of components at the moment that will likely delay changes.

It doesn't really need much of a facelift..the look isn't tired yet...but they are becoming too common on the roads.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
StewartM

Post by StewartM »

S60 and V60 don't have new Google Android system either. Biggest issue I have, apart from the basic reliability/operability problems, is these allegations that in spite of having 4 USB ports, not one of them will play music from a USB stick. No one yet come out with definitive statement about whether this is as designed or another fault.
Moss

Post by Moss »

StewartM wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:12 pm S60 and V60 don't have new Google Android system either. Biggest issue I have, apart from the basic reliability/operability problems, is these allegations that
in spite of having 4 USB ports, not one of them will play music from a USB stick
. No one yet come out with definitive statement about whether this is as designed or another fault.
Who told you that « in spite of having 4 USB ports, not one of them will play music from a USB stick » ??
Please read the XC40 manual page 487 under « USB Memory » and pages 493 plus 494.
Daniel.w.leigh

Post by Daniel.w.leigh »

Greggspies wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:05 pm From what I read the Volvo Android Automotive system has a along way to go and is full of problems. Volvo have been accused of launching a work in progress - Tesla may get away with that but a lot of Volvo customers are not happy. If a facelift XC40 is updated to AA any time soon, I'd be wary.
I own the XC40 P8 Recharge with the android system, and I previously had a V90 Inscription with Sensus, and I prefer the new system. It looks a full generation newer than Sensus, for a start, it is much quicker in operation. Sure it lacks features, but it has all you need in an infotainment. I prefer it 100%.
Daniel.w.leigh

Post by Daniel.w.leigh »

StewartM wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:12 pm S60 and V60 don't have new Google Android system either. Biggest issue I have, apart from the basic reliability/operability problems, is these allegations that in spite of having 4 USB ports, not one of them will play music from a USB stick. No one yet come out with definitive statement about whether this is as designed or another fault.
I read that the S60 and V60 also get the Android system for ‘22?
Daniel.w.leigh

Post by Daniel.w.leigh »

blastpipe wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:07 pm
Daniel.w.leigh wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:01 pm

I, for one, think it's WAY overdue that Volvo replace the halogen rear bulbs with LEDs, for example.
Really? That's not much of a facelift is it...hardly likely to appeal to the masses or be of any use in the real world.

Some would say there is already a facelift given how much has been removed from the specifications.

A mid life facelift is probably due next year but given the difficulties in supply of components at the moment that will likely delay changes.

It doesn't really need much of a facelift..the look isn't tired yet...but they are becoming too common on the roads.
I own an XC40 P8 Recharge, and I personally think it’s embarrassing for a £62,000 car to have halogen bulbs in the rear. I think a lot of people would consider the lighting signature of a premium car to be important (even Volvo considering they’re putting nicer rear light signatures on their newer cars, including the C40), so I definitely think it needs an upgrade here.
StewartM

Post by StewartM »

Moss wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:08 pm

Who told you that « in spite of having 4 USB ports, not one of them will play music from a USB stick » ??
Please read the XC40 manual page 487 under « USB Memory » and pages 493 plus 494.
I was referring specifically to XC60 and V90 with the Google Android, though relevant here as people were talking about that coming to XC40. YouTube reports from Paul Williams, who has rejected an MY22
V90 for that and other issues. XC60 owner chimed in saying same.

What I can't understand right now is whether these issues are a fault in early cars or works as designed.

Unfortunately not even a decent PDF Manual available for MY22, what Volvo UK have on the website is rubbish, but that infers you can't play music from a USB Stick on Google Android models.
Moss

Post by Moss »

StewartM wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:07 pm
Moss wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:08 pm

I was referring specifically to XC60 and V90 with the Google Android, though relevant here as people were talking about that coming to XC40. YouTube reports from Paul Williams, who has rejected an MY22
V90 for that and other issues. XC60 owner chimed in saying same.

What I can't understand right now is whether these issues are a fault in early cars or works as designed.

Unfortunately not even a decent PDF Manual available for MY22, what Volvo UK have on the website is rubbish, but that infers you can't play music from a USB Stick on Google Android models.
I see. Well, I was referring specifically to the XC40 since this forum is about the XC40.