Driver Assist Package - Is it worth it?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Sowfi

Post by Sowfi »

Hello all!
I'm new to this forum so... Hello everyone!

Soooo... We've decided to go for a XC40 inscription. We've added the Driver Assist package, plus some other bits (Sunroof, Apple Car Pay, wireless charging). Now, I've just heard form my leasing company that Volvo UK are having huge problems with semi-conductor parts (which is a global problem for all manufacturers) which is affecting any parts relating to wing-mirrors. This means that the Driver Assist packs are affected and at the moment we do not have a resolution time-frame and are being informed from Volvo that it could be the end of the year!!

Now - Being the impatient person I am, i ideally don't want to wait until the end of the year for my new car!
So my question is...Is it really worth it? On paper it looks good, and i liked to have had that extra layer of saftey.

We are mostly going to be using the car for city driving... and most probably be on the motorway 4 - 5 times a year...
I dunno... should i hold on, or just plough on with out it?

What do you think?

SteveW

Post by SteveW »

We had the blind spot stuff in the wing mirror on our RRS and thought it was a bit of a gimmick, when we chopped the RRS in for the wife's car, which doesn't have BSA. That's when we noticed how much we used and it now missed it. When i bought the XC40 i made sure it has BSA and think no car should be without it
Metroman

Post by Metroman »

Is it worth looking at Volvo's new available stock on the website? You will probably find a car that is either the same as ordered in specification or very close that would be available now.

I did this when the order that I placed kept getting delayed due to COVID I managed to find a better spec , brand new and available to purchase without the worry of when/if the order would get built which at the time was not certain.
https://volvocars.findvehicles.co.uk/en ... tock=false
XC40 D3 Inscription Pro Auto in Denim Blue with Convenience, Xenium and Intellisafe pro packs plus smartphone integration , tinted rear windows and spare wheel.
Felindre

Post by Felindre »

I specified the assist package, the Blind Spot isn't just useful on motorways, it's invaluable if your parked nose in and reversing out into the traffic, it warns you of vehicles and people approaching that you can't see.

You also get the ACC distance holding cruise, and the pilot assist active steering assist that follows the lane as it curves. These are most useful on motorways. I use them all the time even if we're just doing a 10 minute hop up the motorway.
B4 AWD Inscription , Fusion Red, Blond interior. Drivers Assist, Climate, Tinted rear windows and Towing pack.
Ordered 14 Dec 20, delivered 10 March 21
Morse

Post by Morse »

Yes, it’s worth it
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I haven't found it worth it. Nice to have but not essential. The side mirrors are the best I've ever had on a car and give and excellent view, and the reversing camera has a wide enough angle to see anything approaching from the side.

All the important collision avoidance and mitigation stuff is included as standard.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

Morse wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 1:50 am Yes, it’s worth it

Agreed. Particularly ACC, which is optimised by a complete change of driving style. Big contributor to enhanced safety.
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Sowfi

Post by Sowfi »

... thanks everyone for your replies...
So the plot thickens...

Just had this email from my leasing company....
Our dealer has just confirmed that they are unable to place the order for the car as Volvo have removed the Drive Assist Pack from ordering due to the long delays

So I suppose my hand is now forced to go ahead without it!!!
:(
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

Sowfi wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:12 pm ... thanks everyone for your replies...
So the plot thickens...

Just had this email from my leasing company....
Our dealer has just confirmed that they are unable to place the order for the car as Volvo have removed the Drive Assist Pack from ordering due to the long delays

So I suppose my hand is now forced to go ahead without it!!!
:(
I'd rather cancel the order...
Den48

Post by Den48 »

Hi
Cancel to buy what ? , all manufacturers are facing the same problem, a shortage of processing computer chips.
T4 recharge, plus spec, 23my