Leather seats

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

Good Evening, do any forum members with leather seats use any sort of treatment on them. This is my first car with leather, and I want to look after the seats. If you do treat them , what do you use, and how often?

Thanks in advance

Roy

asb

Post by asb »

This is a Portuguese store, but you will surely find the same product on Amazon. This is a good one, because it is a kit.

https://www.alojadodetalhe.pt/gliptone- ... scuro.html
Moss

Post by Moss »

As I recall, my wife was offered a genuine Volvo leather care set when her XC40 was delivered by the (Belgian) dealership, but I don’t know if this is standard procedure or not.

Volvo Leather Care.jpg

ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

I use the Autoglym leather cream. Around once a month? to keep it supple.
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

I have used autoglym products in the past but I am using supaguard now as they were supplied with the car, however, if you look at my previous post the leather still started flaking on the seam , replaced under warranty.
m@rk

Post by m@rk »

If you take the time to treat your leather well, it will age beautifully and just get better and better.

You need to both clean it AND condition it which is why a lot of the kits you will see have two bottles.

There are plenty of products on the market that vary in price greatly but personally I have used Autoglym for over a decade now and have always had great results. Indeed they do a really nice "kit" which includes the cleaner, conditioner and application cloths for about £26. Heres a link to Amazon https://amzn.to/3tcu3Gv

You probably only need to do the full works clean once or twice a year tops (this is not a weekly thing) but it's worth spending a Sunday afternoon every once in a while.

As well at this, consider getting a pack of leather wipes to keep in your glovebox. These only cost a couple of quid. Really useful for the odd spill and unlike some multi surface wipes out there, it is going to treat the leather as it cleans.
XC40 T5 Recharge Inscription Pro - Denim & Blonde

Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

Thanks for all your replies, I think I'm going down the Autoglym route, as I am a big fan of their products, Resin polish and their glass cleaner, bumper care and vinyl cleaner.

Cheers

Roy
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

I use the Autoglym interior shampoo to clean, then the Autoglymn leather balm to keep them conditioned. Important not to overload the leather, and to buff them off to remove the excess balm.
Deleted User 3491

Post by Deleted User 3491 »

Remember to only clean leather seats with all these suggestions.

Don't try and clean the nubuck textile; it ain't leather !
Roy03

Post by Roy03 »

I have the Inscription Pro XC40, so I'm assuming these are leather, not nubuck which is a form of suede, which I think my Tiguan had. Anyway I've ordered the Autoglym leather treatment kit so I'm either wasting my money or listening to the advice given on here

many thanks for all your help and advice

Roy