MY22?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
asb

Post by asb »

I think the brands should work to reduce the differences in equipment in different countries.
For example in Portugal, it was always possible to choose the "lighting pack" from Momentum Plus.

Andyfr

Post by Andyfr »

When do they start building the MY22? I ordered mine back in March for me to take delivery in June so I'm hoping I will get a MY21.
Andyfr

June 2021 B4 AWD Inscription - Pebble Grey - Dark tinted windows - Temp spare wheel.
Goldfish

Post by Goldfish »

It depends on whether your dealer has pre-booked build slot or not. Then the final (personalized) spec could be ammended before it is actually built.
Two years ago, I ordered mine in February for June delivery. It was the new MY.
Andyfr

Post by Andyfr »

Thank you. Fingers crossed I get a MY21.
Andyfr

June 2021 B4 AWD Inscription - Pebble Grey - Dark tinted windows - Temp spare wheel.
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

The beam profile of modern headlights, with a sharp cut off vertically, is very effective in fog so I’m not sure that traditional fog lights would give much improvement.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

WelshRobin wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:25 pm The beam profile of modern headlights, with a sharp cut off vertically, is very effective in fog so I’m not sure that traditional fog lights would give much improvement.
That’s a very good point. LED is also brighter and creates less glare than the older Xenon lights. Xenon headlights were mandatory equipped with washers because dirt on headlights increased glare. There’s no such issue with LED, allowing manufacturers to offer headlights washers only as optional equipment.

Some might find another good reason for upgrading to lighting pack: cornering lights create less glare thus increasing safety. IIHS tests measure also headlights performance and the XC40 basic headlights are rated poor, versus the cornering headlights being rated good (check the headlights diagrams in the link): https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/Vo ... r-suv/2020
Last edited by eugen61 on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Andyfr wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:24 pm When do they start building the MY22? I ordered mine back in March for me to take delivery in June so I'm hoping I will get a MY21.
I think Volvo should take note of things like this, it's not really encouraging, that people prefer the previous model year, without the "yearly improvements", surely they are aiming to make their products more desirable, not less.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Andyfr

Post by Andyfr »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:18 am
Andyfr wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:24 pm When do they start building the MY22? I ordered mine back in March for me to take delivery in June so I'm hoping I will get a MY21.
I think Volvo should take note of things like this, it's not really encouraging, that people prefer the previous model year, without the "yearly improvements", surely they are aiming to make their products more desirable, not less.

Absolutely. There was a time when the new MY meant getting more enhancements/features.
Andyfr

asb

Post by asb »

Unfortunately it is so in almost all brands (if not in all). In my current model (I don't have the XC40 yet), an MB A Class, the year changes also mean a reduction in equipment, and some that don't even make much sense, for example: removing the rear lights under the seats. Does it justify? When customers are still seeing pictures of the cars with the previous equipment and when they receive the car they realize that after all ... it is the latest version, but it has no added value and the price has increased, most likely.