What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
michael123

Post by michael123 »

The voice of raisin wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:17 pm With the new 2021 software system update I love the way that both driving mode and specific gear can be invoked with the voice control. To be able to say "Driving Mode: Dynamic" followed by "Gear Change: Three", is sensational.

English is not my native language, regardless even in my native language people sometimes struggle to understand me :)

As Google now prohibits use of touch during driving, only voice, I activated few times.

It became very funny - usually it called people out of my contact list I didn't talk to for years :)

Don't want to think if I will give gear commands :mrgreen:

JohnE

Post by JohnE »

I noticed today that the washer fluid comes out of the wipers and not the small bonnet mounted nozzles that I’m used to.
Also I’m too short to reach the roof of the car when I’m cleaning it.
XC40 B4 Inscription, Onyx Black, Climate pack
Ordered 9th November 2020
Delivered 11th January 2021
Snail's Pace

Post by Snail's Pace »

JohnE wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:48 pm I noticed today that the washer fluid comes out of the wipers and not the small bonnet mounted nozzles that I’m used to.
Also I’m too short to reach the roof of the car when I’m cleaning it.
That's an easy one 🙂. Do as I do and open each door in turn. Stand on the sill of the door, that way you can reach with a sponge, or cleaning implement of choice, to clean the roof and the centre of the windscreen. Shut the door and move onto the next. No need for a ladder or box, let the car do the work.
michael123

Post by michael123 »

I found earlier (accidently :D) this week that I don't have to pull the gear into Parking before shutting off.
Volvo will do this for me
TomF

Post by TomF »

I found out that sometimes a little red car flashes at me every now n again (top left of drivers display), no idea what it means :shock:
ropetko

Post by ropetko »

TomF wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm I found out that sometimes a little red car flashes at me every now n again (top left of drivers display), no idea what it means :shock:
That might be the first step of a collision prevention system. It tells you that you are either too close to the car In front of you or there's a car approaching your direction. At first it shows the red car alert, then it hits the brakes for you, slowly or hard (depending on the speed of the object approaching your car). It can sometimes trigger if you are too fast while starting on the traffic light (but not as the first in a row), if you are driving on just one side of the road due to some road works and approaching the other cars in the same lane (and they are waiting for their traffic light to go green), if someone if front of you is turning left/right but you are impatient and want to pass him driving at the same speed, etc.
Let's just hope you will never get the chance to test it in the real collision accident ;)
XC40 D4 AWD R-Design 140 kW 2018
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

TomF wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:03 pm I found out that sometimes a little red car flashes at me every now n again (top left of drivers display), no idea what it means :shock:
Well what does the manual say it is? (Yep funny enough the answer is in there!)
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
TomF

Post by TomF »

Ropetko thankyou, very kind of you to explain so comprehensively.

Chris John......

** Post edited. No foul language on the forum.
Alex_O

Post by Alex_O »

Valid Torte wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:27 pm

BTW the hooks in the ceiling are also hooks. They can be removed and the fixings of the safety net inserted. When finished with the safety nets you can reinsert the hook and you have hooks again.

Hold the phone, you've got hooks in the rear cabin? All I've got in my Inscription Pro are the holes for the cargo net. Always struck me as odd in a cabin that nice I just had big old gaps left in the trim - and don't get me started on the lack of a grab handle!
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Alex_O wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:05 pm
Valid Torte wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:27 pm

BTW the hooks in the ceiling are also hooks. They can be removed and the fixings of the safety net inserted. When finished with the safety nets you can reinsert the hook and you have hooks again.

Hold the phone, you've got hooks in the rear cabin? All I've got in my Inscription Pro are the holes for the cargo net. Always struck me as odd in a cabin that nice I just had big old gaps left in the trim - and don't get me started on the lack of a grab handle!
You should have hooks that go in those sockets when the cargo net is not in use
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras