P8 Recharge test drive

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

Hi All,

My T5 RDPro P* was in for some work today and I was lucky enough to bag their brand new P8 demonstrator as a courtesy car and WOW!!

It’s a stonker... very similar to driving my T5 RD dynamically but I could feel the extra weight occasionally. The thing that impressed the most and has got me somewhat tempted is the wonderful instant oooomph when I floored the accelerator. It’s instant and impressive at any (relatively sensible) speed and really throws your body and head against the seat. My wife was shouting that I had to warn her when I tried it so she could put her head back against the headrest ready!!

Still not sure if the charging infrastructure in the U.K. is ready yet for full electric cars but I’m quite tempted to try one for a few months on Care by Volvo whilst keeping my petrol...??

Anyone any thoughts on the P8 if you’ve had chance to try one?

Ian
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred

Morse

Post by Morse »

Ian,
Interesting thanks for the mini review. Like you I thought fleetingly about an EV before I purchased my car in 2018 but was not convinced the infrastructure was good enough esp given I do not have off street parking and therefore overnight charging was not an option for me. Been thinking of this more of late but thinking that I might take a closer look at the Polestar 2, (yes it’s not a mini SUV of course) but a new role is likely to increase my annual mileage. Still this would only happen if my local authority or private entity,significantly up the number of on street charging bays locally.
T5 Inscription Pro, Pine Grey, blond interior . Intellisafe pro Xenium pack, Harmon Kardon. Ordered 25th Sept. 18. Delivered 19 Dec following a cancellation and move to earlier factory assembly slot.
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Just got reviewed on Autogefühl, worth watching:
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Ian333 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:39 pm Still not sure if the charging infrastructure in the U.K. is ready yet for full electric cars but I’m quite tempted to try one for a few months on Care by Volvo whilst keeping my petrol...??
Here’s a review from Norway, gives a very good insight into charging speed and range:
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

Full review 45” long:
Snail's Pace

Post by Snail's Pace »

eugen61 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:48 pm Full review 45” long:
That's almost 4 feet 🙂