Extended warranty?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
boroman

Post by boroman »

Hi all
It’s been a while since I last posted. To be honest I’ve had nothing to say ,the cars been a joy! Now coming close to its first MOT , putting new P Zeros on this week and booked service mid January. What do you all think about extending the warranty? It’s about £400 for the year from Volvo. I would normally not bother but the TECH in this car is far beyond what I have been used to and haven’t got a clue what a “software” repair would cost when out of warranty.
Thanks
Red XC40 FE D4 20" Alloys

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

We extended our warranty for a year. Think it’s worth doing but the price is a steep. Might be better options out there - warranty wise for example. When you consider the fixed price servicing (5 years for £599) it seems pricey for a single year.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
boroman

Post by boroman »

Thanks Mr Dermottdog
Think I will extend. I wish it would include the VoC thing but apparently it doesn’t. I think you have to pay another £50 or so for the full years service ,although I believe the safety features are there for life?
Whiterdesign

Post by Whiterdesign »

VOC aid £34.90 for 12 months and £59.90 for 24 months. It’s a lot cheaper than it was originally, 6 years ago it was about £100 a year
boroman

Post by boroman »

Whiterdesign
Thanks for the perspective. Think I will invest in the 2year scheme.
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

How to go about extending the warranty? Did you do it through the dealer you bought it from, or Volvo customer service?

From the wording of your question, this is something being done many months after the original purchase, but is still available?

My car was bought 'nearly-new' from a dealership across the country that I'll never visit again and I'm wondering what options I may have for extending either the warranty and/or adding a service plan.

AIUI, the fantastic deal of the 5 year £599 service plan is only available on the purchase of a new car, at the time of purchase, and only valid at that dealership/franchise?
MY2020 R-Design
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

DanishPastry wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:13 pm

AIUI, the fantastic deal of the 5 year £599 service plan is only available on the purchase of a new car, at the time of purchase, and only valid at that dealership/franchise?
I don't believe you are right there. The service package is a Volvo one not a dealer specific one.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
boroman

Post by boroman »

Danish Pastry
It’s via Volvo customer service. Try visiting www.continuemywarranty.co.uk/Volvo
Cheers
DanishPastry

Post by DanishPastry »

Thanks for that link. £407 to extend my warranty from 3 years to 4.

Expensive in that it's £407. Cheap in that it's ~1% of the car cost.
MY2020 R-Design
mr.vladis

Post by mr.vladis »

DanishPastry wrote: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:21 pm Thanks for that link. £407 to extend my warranty from 3 years to 4.

Expensive in that it's £407. Cheap in that it's ~1% of the car cost.
Hi there,
I don't think you're right in assuming that after 3 years it will be 1%. Don't want to bring the bad news, but it doesn't go up in price over time.