Back up camera lines

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

I have a question about the back up camera. When it's in the rear view, not 360 degree view, it shows two yellow guide lines that show the intended route for the car's external dimensions with the current steering wheel angle. However, there are no distance guide lines between those two lines to indicate the distance to an obstacle. I find this really strange. All my previous cars had these lines that indicated the distance to obstacles. Am I missing something?

Bazza

Post by Bazza »

frtsrm wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:10 am I have a question about the back up camera. When it's in the rear view, not 360 degree view, it shows two yellow guide lines that show the intended route for the car's external dimensions with the current steering wheel angle. However, there are no distance guide lines between those two lines to indicate the distance to an obstacle. I find this really strange. All my previous cars had these lines that indicated the distance to obstacles. Am I missing something?
Just checked mine, only the yellow lines but you get the distance lights on the car graphic as you get near an object as well as the audio warning.
I always have the above view as i like to see all sides.
R-Design T4AWD Auto Fusion Red
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Thanks. I usually prefer the 360 view too but the rear view is more useful when I'm backing up in my kid's school's car park. It has a much larger and clearer field of view which is really handy with little kids running around and cars coming in and out.
Gnomeface

Post by Gnomeface »

I had to back into a space yesterday, in daylight, and the parked car behind me had a grey plastic winter cover over it. In the overhead camera view it was virtually invisible and I had to stop dead and check through the rear window!
Family car - XC40 T5 Inscription Pro, Glacier Silver, charcoal leather, Intellisafe Pro and Xenium packs. Dog guard and mud flaps added since.
Fun car - Mercedes SLC