What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bhowani

Post by Bhowani »

Rear brake lights DO operate when using the @ button in stop start traffic. Won't use again after dark, as have consideration for the guy behind! I had always presumed they didn't work when stationary. Sad!

Bhowani 2
2019 XC40 T4 - Denim Blue

RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Bhowani wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:49 pm Rear brake lights DO operate when using the @ button in stop start traffic. Won't use again after dark, as have consideration for the guy behind! I had always presumed they didn't work when stationary. Sad!

Bhowani 2
Hi Bhowani,

I'm with you on this. I just flick the parking brake switch up when I come to a halt. When moving off again, a gentle press of the accelerator releases the parking brake.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
bdalameda

Post by bdalameda »

I would think you would want the brake lights on when stopped with the brake on. Just as it would be if you were holding your foot on the pedal. Especially in the dark. I would want any approaching driver from the rear to know I am stopped. I know I sure would want to know if I were approaching a car from the rear that it was stopped and the brakes were on. Just my .02
hillocklane

Post by hillocklane »

Lloyd_Xmas wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:08 pm I’ve just bought a T5 Recharge XC40 R-Design Pro. I absolutely love the car and almost everything has exceeded expectations. The one thing that hasn’t is the electric range. The readout that gives info on how many electric miles there are remaining until the battery runs out is erratic and almost always too generous. Even when driving like a grandma the best i can do “real world” is about 16-18, even when it said I should have 24 (the brochure figure is 26-27). If I drive more aggressively then the number is appalling.
Guess it depends on the driving environment - road speeds / stop start / hills etc etc. I'm getting similar EV range to you depending how I drive, which is pretty much in line with my last Phev for this time of year.

It will be better in warmer weather... i'm also noticing that the reduction in the climate system power in 'Pure' mode increases range by a couple of miles.

If I believe the App, the B mode is generating a decent amount of extra energy when used.
hillocklane

Post by hillocklane »

Just found out you can twist and remove the jacket hooks above the rear doors leaving a hole for a clothes hanger.

Also found out that the rear headrests don't fold and can't be removed... think it was an option for electric folding, but didn't appreciate that meant no manual folding if you don't spec it!... have to pull the driver seat forward to lower the seats.

Surprised to find out that whilst the Charging cable locks to the car, the flap for the charging port doesn't lock when shut.
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

hillocklane wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:12 pm Just found out you can twist and remove the jacket hooks above the rear doors leaving a hole for a clothes hanger.

Also found out that the rear headrests don't fold and can't be removed... think it was an option for electric folding, but didn't appreciate that meant no manual folding if you don't spec it!... have to pull the driver seat forward to lower the seats.

Surprised to find out that whilst the Charging cable locks to the car, the flap for the charging port doesn't lock when shut.

The removal of the rear coat hooks is so you can fit the cargo safety net in place.

888F8554-E285-4E33-A88A-DAE074A812B8.png

Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
hillocklane

Post by hillocklane »

Chris John wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:51 pm
hillocklane wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:12 pm Just found out you can twist and remove the jacket hooks above the rear doors leaving a hole for a clothes hanger.

The removal of the rear coat hooks is so you can fit the cargo safety net in place.

888F8554-E285-4E33-A88A-DAE074A812B8.png
Seems to work for hangers too, but good to know, thanks! :oops: :D (cargo net will likely go back with the car unused)
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Probably something I've not noticed before, rather than something new. In the on call app, on the map page, it tells you how long it will take to walk to the car, presumably from where your phone is! Not sure if it can give you a route, to get there as I've only just seen it and the cars on the drive, but I will try to experiment with this today. And yes I'm (very) bored, I've got tier 3/lockdown fatigue 😁😁
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
RonFleet

Post by RonFleet »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:07 am Probably something I've not noticed before, rather than something new. In the on call app, on the map page, it tells you how long it will take to walk to the car, presumably from where your phone is! Not sure if it can give you a route, to get there as I've only just seen it and the cars on the drive, but I will try to experiment with this today. And yes I'm (very) bored, I've got tier 3/lockdown fatigue 😁😁
I hadn't noticed that before. Thanks.
Cheers,
Ron

XC40 B3 Plus Automatic
Fjord Blue
Moss

Post by Moss »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:07 am Probably something I've not noticed before, rather than something new. In the on call app, on the map page, it tells you how long it will take to walk to the car, presumably from where your phone is! Not sure if it can give you a route, to get there as I've only just seen it and the cars on the drive, but I will try to experiment with this today. And yes I'm (very) bored, I've got tier 3/lockdown fatigue 😁😁
Yes, it gives you a route as well and yes it’s from where your phone is because it only works when your phone GPS is on.

By the way, we all got lockdown fatigue, I guess. Don’t know how bad things are in GB since it’s been a few months since I was there, but in France and Belgium where I am at the moment it’s pretty « locked down » and it looks like it’ll last until mid January or so at the very least.