Delivery Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Birdy66

Post by Birdy66 »

I also received the Volvo e-mails, latest being in production on Tuesday, however they did end up in spam folder!

Very little information received from the dealer on delivery date, confirmation of deposit and order number, but they’re keen on sourcing accessories; reversible mat and mud flaps (having seen the pics posted last week) to date.

Guess we will all be reliant on the North Sea, transportation and the Easter Bunny! :lol:
Delivered : XC40, FE, D4, Fusion Red, Charcoal Interior, 20" wheels, 25.05.2018

wakey

Post by wakey »

Another update from me:

My car now has a registration number! It starts with YC18 (which is great if you’re 18 years old and called Yvonne Cross 😂)

As of 6.30 tonight it’s not at the dealers but hopefully for Saturday (in reality more likely Tuesday and I won’t be able to collect until the following Saturday due to work commitments 😱).

Excitement is like Christmas Eve when I was 9!
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Finally had the call I’ve been waiting for my car is in the uk, expected at dealers on Tuesday then a day or so for pdi, getting excited now.
T5 First edition Crystal White
Jrfrost

Post by Jrfrost »

Great news picked mine up yesterday, talking to the dealer they have been speaking to Volvo and he told me the production slots for the year were full. They have orders placed but not accepted that they think will not be fulfilled

J
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Jrfrost wrote: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:19 pm talking to the dealer they have been speaking to Volvo and he told me the production slots for the year were full. They have orders placed but not accepted that they think will not be fulfilled
I’d place that in the category of dealer bullshit myself, unless he’s talking about the 2018 model year which would make much more sense.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Jrfrost

Post by Jrfrost »

Could well be for the MY18 models, seems way to early in the year to stop any orders.

J
wakey

Post by wakey »

Yet another update from me:
Car arrived in the UK Thursday and has a registration number but STILL not arrived at the dealers as of 6pm today 😱

I’m getting bored of waiting now!
Black (inside and out) XC40 First Edition D4, 20” Wheels and a dog grille :D Collection Saturday 7th April (ordered 6th January).
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

Just had a call from the dealer. My First Edition delivery date has been pushed back from early July to late October at the earliest!! They tell me there are only 12 build slots remaing for 2018...

At least it gives you early adopters a chance to iron out any bugs and I’ll be on a ‘68 plate but neither of those make up for the disappointment.
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
AlexK

Post by AlexK »

Rifleman wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:50 pm pushed back from early July to late October at the earliest!!
Oh. My. God.
Cancelled after waiting 3 months to be told delivery will take 11 months.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Heck - Volvo look to have one hot baby on their hands.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18