Build Times

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

VolvoPhil wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:55 am We ordered our Inscription Pro (T3) on 8th July and we've not heard a peep out of the dealer, other than the 3 month estimate when we ordered. We phoned them 2 weeks ago and were told they have not yet been allocated a build week :(
Exactly the same service as me, Phil. And by that I mean none. Not heard a dicky boo until I caved in and asked about the pending pick-up date.
I dislike poor service but cannot abide no service!
And I agree with Richard. If your order was loaded into the system, then the factory resource planning tool (software) will give a due date. It can’t not!
Perhaps get in touch with the dealer principal to sort it.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020

VolvoPhil

Post by VolvoPhil »

Hi Richard, Bionic,

Thank you for your replies. I have spoken with the dealership this morning and they say it's been scheduled to one of two build weeks (mid October) for delivery either last week in October or first week of November. They said as soon as the final build/delivery date is locked in, they will let us know.
So assuming that holds true, we are looking at around 4 months, or slightly quicker, which is fine for us, we would just like to know :)

Phil
Volvo XC40 T3 Inscription Pro in Denim Blue (on order)
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Hi all,
Is anyone still having trouble with delivery?
I’m now on my fourth date for delivery for an order placed at the beginning of July.
It’s been;
End of September
End of October
Mid October and now
End November (possibly later)
I’ve spent days talking to Volvo who said they’d track my order for me with details I provided. I did that only to have a response saying ‘sorry but we cannot now track your order’
Like RichardXC, I have spent many years working with MRP/ERP systems and know this is a fob off.
My only conclusion must be that as mine is a lease car, that Volvo are opportunistically selling these to private buyers for more profit.
I’m in Wales so in lockdown but once out of that, I’m looking at another X1 and the new Tiguan. Both of these have had good updates whilst the Volvo has had a spec reduction for MY21. A shame but enough is enough.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
rafaborges

Post by rafaborges »

I consider this to be unacceptable. I agree that the excuse of not being able to track it down is horses**t: Volvo uses JIT supply chain and in order to achieve this you have to be able to track down a single screw to make sure that everything is working as it should. On the other hand, I know that Belgium has tightened its coronavirus restrictions and that could be a major issue for a car manufacturer. Have you raised a complain with Volvo UK? You can ring customer relations on 01628 422522.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Hi there @rafaborges,
Yeah, I’m familiar with jit manufacture. The company I work for uses it.
What doesn’t sit right with the excuses, though, is the fact that identical cars (same everything), ordered after mine are now delivered and on the UK roads. Even with the factory being affected, this just doesn’t compute for someone with common sense.
Thank you for the phone number. I appreciate that. I’m in touch with Volvo direct, as well as Volvo UK and I’m just hitting dead ends in all aspects. Also Volvo on FB and Twitter are useless. This is why I’m thinking it’s been sold to a private buyer as, after being told Volvo would track the order for me once I’d given them the details needed to track it, all of a sudden they say they can’t do it as there‘s more than one order, placed on the same day, with the same dealership, for someone else with my exact same details. To quote my kids, “Yeah, right!”
It’s truly a shame as I really liked the car but if they don’t want the sale, then fair enough I guess.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
rafaborges

Post by rafaborges »

I just called my dealership to confirm that the delivery date is still the same and I mentioned your case. He told me that, from what he heard, this is happening to dealerships that are not exclusive Volvo partners. Is that the case?
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Oh well done getting that info. 👏👏
And yes, my dealership have BMW, Jaguar, Land Rover and Mini. Now that would explain it.
Also rings true as, when talking to Volvo, and bearing in mind they said they’d track my order for me, after I gave Volvo my dealer name they said they couldn’t help me!
Now if my dealer would have said what yours told you, I’d have at least understood.
That said, my dealer has been worse than useless with updates or info. He didn’t even know anything about the new specs.
Either way, thanks again. Really useful to know and I appreciate you mentioning to your dealer. 👍👍
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
VolvoPhil

Post by VolvoPhil »

VolvoPhil wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:58 am Hi Richard, Bionic,

Thank you for your replies. I have spoken with the dealership this morning and they say it's been scheduled to one of two build weeks (mid October) for delivery either last week in October or first week of November. They said as soon as the final build/delivery date is locked in, they will let us know.
So assuming that holds true, we are looking at around 4 months, or slightly quicker, which is fine for us, we would just like to know :)

Phil

Update on our situation - well, the dealer didn't let us know when they had a date, again zero contact from them. We called again today to be told they were expecting delivery on W/C 2nd Nov, but unsure if they would be able to accept it as they are closing tonight at 6pm for 2 weeks national lockdown in Wales, and reopening on the 9th November. The person we spoke with was unsure if anyone would be allowed to go in to accept delivery of cars during that period. So maybe our car will just be sat on a transporter lorry for 2 weeks. Who knows! With a bit of luck, we may be able to arrange collection for later in November or maybe we can ask them to post the keys and collect it ourselves off the back of the transporter :lol:

You really couldn't make this stuff up
Volvo XC40 T3 Inscription Pro in Denim Blue (on order)
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Absolutely, Phil. You couldn’t.
Sounds like you’re getting the same dealer treatment as us. And we’re in Wales as well. North East.
Since ordering right at the beginning of July, my dealer has contacted me ................. zero times.
He’s responded to me emailing to arrange each pick-up and swore blind there wasn’t an MY21 but apart from that, nothing.
In fact, I gave my Volvo dealership the list of changes and they had to get in touch with Volvo to find out of it was correct. And then they got it completely wrong! 🤨😤
Imagine going for surgery where the surgeon isn’t sure of anything. 😐 😂
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
goi

Post by goi »

As my dealer acknowledges, there will be a large chunk of XC40 delivered to Europe manufactured at the Geely Plant in China.

If you are waiting for a T4/T5 PHEV it will be part of this large delivery expected to arrive here within the next week.
since 2023: XC40 Pure Electric Twin Motor Ultimate MY24
since 2020: Mirai II Fuel Cell, MY21
2020-2023 XC40 Recharge Inscription (Pro) T5 (132+60 kW), MY21 late