Electric tailgate

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Moss

Post by Moss »

morganj wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:34 pm The foot dance for me works every time.

Medium speed foot forward motion and return directly under 2nd rear parking sensor. Followed by a step back.

Also works well if you fall backwards after the foot swing while lifting your dog. Ask me how I know 😂
I tell my wife that I probably have too much of a Cristiano Ronaldo type technique to open tailgates since the technology is no doubt designed for people with a much simpler foot kick.

The look in her eyes tells me that something in my claim may not be entirely credible.

BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Jiggerb wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:46 pm The electric tailgate will not open/close using the foot technique.
XC40 T3 R-Design 2021 model.
Not too sure if this option is available in this model, but salesman tried and failed on vehicle handover on Monday 7th Sept.
Any idea folks?
Glad you got your answer but it seems to be yet another example of dealers not having a clue about what they’re selling.
My dealership (claimed) they knew nothing of the MY21 changes and they had to confer before I had a response, and then it was wrong.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
Jiggerb

Post by Jiggerb »

Thanks for all your comments guys. Not really bothered that I don’t have it. Just wanted to make sure that if I did have it, it worked.