What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
---

Post by --- »

Howdy folks... I just found out that periodically when you use the windscreen washers, with the headlights on, that little jets pop up out of the front bumper cut-outs, and wash the headlamps too ("headlamp washers" according to the manual).
MY21 XC40 T5 Twin Engine Recharge
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
(MY20 XC40 T4 Inscription, rejected & now returned!)

Mordred

Post by Mordred »

--- wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:09 pm Howdy folks... I just found out that periodically when you use the windscreen washers, with the headlights on, that little jets pop up out of the front bumper cut-outs, and wash the headlamps too ("headlamp washers" according to the manual).
Whatever will the folks at Volvo think of next? Lights coming on at the back when reversing?
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Mordred wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:15 pm
--- wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:09 pm Howdy folks... I just found out that periodically when you use the windscreen washers, with the headlights on, that little jets pop up out of the front bumper cut-outs, and wash the headlamps too ("headlamp washers" according to the manual).
Whatever will the folks at Volvo think of next? Lights coming on at the back when reversing?
😂
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
---

Post by --- »

Yep, you can tell I'm a first time Volvo owner right :lol:
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Picked mine up yesterday, never had "ambience" lighting before. Set up for purple ambiance, as night fell me and my dearly beheaded awaited, with growing anticipation, a soothing almost spiritual experience...
Turns out its a little led in the front, now known as the "purple pimple" 🙃🙃
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
---

Post by --- »

Ah, I've been wondering what that changed (I couldn't see any difference) :D . So whereabouts exactly should I be looking for this LED?
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
Bernard Bernardsson

It's with the lighting buttons in the front roof headlining, you may just be able to find it in daylight, if you've hot really good eyesight😅😅
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
---

Post by --- »

Thanks Bernard. Ah yes, I see now.

For the benefit of those that don't regularly drive their XC40's at night / in the dark, here are two sample mood-lighting example photos (blue, and purple) I've taken, to show the lighting in action... The LEDs (one in the front interior light, and one in the rear section of the roof) do actually cast some light over the vehicle's interior, which catches on the metallic / plastic trim.

blue-mood.png

purple-mood.png

MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
Bernard Bernardsson

In the rear section of the roof ???
(rushes out all excited)!!!
---

Post by --- »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:48 pm In the rear section of the roof ???
(rushes out all excited)!!!
Yes, I have two ambient colour LEDs in the cabin - 1-front and 1-rear. I guess it depends if your model has front and rear interior lights or not (mine does have both).
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription