What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
morganj

Post by morganj »

Twin Engine (recharge) in power mode surprises a few cars ( and myself) during B road overtaking situations 😎

Had a few situations when overtaking in 80km zone by the time I realize what I’m doing I’m traveling at 130-140km, the mid speed pickup is quite surprising.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist

---

Post by --- »

If you leave windows open on your XC40, and you've already stopped the vehicle, disembarked, and closed the doors, you can close up the windows too, by touching (and holding) your hand on the door handle 'lock' sensor for a couple of seconds.

(I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet... I did search first!... )

And for bonus points, I have a feeling that if you leave your sunroof open, you can close it by touching and holding the door handle lock sensor for a couple of seconds too... Does anyone with a sunroof-equipped XC40 want to verify this?
MY21 XC40 T5 Twin Engine Recharge
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
(MY20 XC40 T4 Inscription, rejected & now returned!)
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

--- wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 2:31 am If you leave windows open on your XC40, and you've already stopped the vehicle, disembarked, and closed the doors, you can close up the windows too, by touching (and holding) your hand on the door handle 'lock' sensor for a couple of seconds.

(I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet... I did search first!... )

And for bonus points, I have a feeling that if you leave your sunroof open, you can close it by touching and holding the door handle lock sensor for a couple of seconds too... Does anyone with a sunroof-equipped XC40 want to verify this?
I have the sunroof and can confirm that it works with it too. It's an awesome feature, I love it.
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

If you don't have the keyless entry sensors then the key fob does the same thing. Press and hold the lock button on the key fob and the windows will shut.

Also works to open all the windows by pressing and holding the unlock button.

To be fair to other brands this functionality is present on most modern cars.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

isvicthere wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:07 am If you don't have the keyless entry sensors then the key fob does the same thing. Press and hold the lock button on the key fob and the windows will shut.

Also works to open all the windows by pressing and holding the unlock button.

To be fair to other brands this functionality is present on most modern cars.
I don't have keyless entry and tbf would far rather press a key button in my pocket as I walk away rather than stand there pressing the car.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

My partner always gets out of the passenger door before I've had the chance to shut my driver's door window.
Her opening the door cuts the power to the windows and my window ends up half-open.

I always used to have to switch the ignition back on to finish closing the window.

Now I know this I just get out the car and lock up by pressing and holding the key fob button. This way it locks and closes the window in one. 😀
---

Post by --- »

The only downside of using the key fob button is that it'll drain the battery much quicker (but of course, if you don't have keyless entry door touch sensors, this will be a small price to pay!). Enjoy!
MY21 XC40 T5 Twin Engine Recharge
MY21 XC40 T4 Inscription
(MY20 XC40 T4 Inscription, rejected & now returned!)
isvicthere

Post by isvicthere »

My VW Golf had the same key fob functionality. I had the Golf for 9 years.

I sold it on with the same battery in the key fob as I received when I originally bought the car.

The 9 year old battery was still working just fine.
mss911

Post by mss911 »

jamie307 wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:20 am I don't have keyless entry and tbf would far rather press a key button in my pocket as I walk away rather than stand there pressing the car.

Just in case anyone with keyless hasn't realised - no need to stand there touching the handle while the windows / roof / sunblind fully closes - like the button action on the keyfob - once the close sequences starts you are free to release / walk away.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

When changing to the spare wheel using the supplied kit, you should screw the towing eye into the end of the wheel wrench so as to extend its length.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel