Build Times

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
energyuk

Post by energyuk »

I ordered mid June and have a delivery date of 06th October (UK).
XC40 / B4P / Inscription / Pebble Grey / Blond Leather / Climate Pack / Driver Assist Pack / Lounge Pack / 19.5 Alloys / Tempa Spare Wheel / Dark Tinted Rear Windows

VolvoPhil

Post by VolvoPhil »

We ordered a T3 manual Inscription Pro early July and were given an estimate of October (3-4 months). Spoke with the dealer last week and they had not been given a build week yet (is that normal?). The (UK) dealer said the factory only reopened the previous week.
From the previous post, sounds like we should be looking towards late/end October.
Volvo XC40 T3 Inscription Pro in Denim Blue (on order)
Rigel

Post by Rigel »

First of all. An excellent choice. I ordered my T3 Inscription Pro with all the toys in November 18 with a lead time of four months. I was updated on the lead time after two months confirming a built slot and delivery April 19. I collected the car, week 2 April 19.
Absolutely love the the car.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Update to my earlier post stating three months for an Inscription Pro! 😐
My salesman told me this when I ordered and that’s the last I heard from him. Not a single update and I was determined this time not to chase.
With my due date only a couple of weeks away, I thought I’d better wake the dealer up to arrange pick-up.
Had to wait a couple of days to be told that the due date has now moved by at least a month.
But another guy I know who ordered an R Design just after me is due to pick up before the end September making the lead time for the R design faster.
So;
Inscription Pro = 4 months (+?)
R Design = <3 months.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

BionicRusty wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:58 pm Update to my earlier post stating three months for an Inscription Pro! 😐
My salesman told me this when I ordered and that’s the last I heard from him. Not a single update and I was determined this time not to chase.
With my due date only a couple of weeks away, I thought I’d better wake the dealer up to arrange pick-up.
Had to wait a couple of days to be told that the due date has now moved by at least a month.
But another guy I know who ordered an R Design just after me is due to pick up before the end September making the lead time for the R design faster.
So;
R Design = <3 months.

I imagine it must be due to the specifics of your order. I ordered my Inscription Pro B4 FWD (Denim Blue, Blond leather, Intellisafe Surround, Tinted Windows) on 25th July. The dealer informed me the car would arrive with them on 12th September and available for me on 18th September.

To my surprise I'm picking it up on Friday - the 18th September, which is actually < 2 months.
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

Update on my order. Spoke to the dealer yesterday and they now have my T5 Recharge Hybrid Inscription Pro with delivery to me scheduled for Wednesday. ;)

So 3 months almost to the day !
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

RichardXC wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:12 pm
BionicRusty wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:58 pm Update to my earlier post stating three months for an Inscription Pro! 😐
So;
R Design = <3 months.

I imagine it must be due to the specifics of your order. I ordered my Inscription Pro B4 FWD (Denim Blue, Blond leather, Intellisafe Surround, Tinted Windows) on 25th July. The dealer informed me the car would arrive with them on 12th September and available for me on 18th September.

To my surprise I'm picking it up on Friday - the 18th September, which is actually < 2 months.
Wow. Bar the paint and leather (I’ve ordered Glacier Silver with red oxide) we’ve ordered the same car. I’ve only added tints this time.
I heard from one chap that there may have been an issue with delivery of the Inscription Pro wheels but your date is at odds with that.
I’ll just keep fingers crossed.
Good luck with the handover. Two months for a factory order is really good.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
energyuk

Post by energyuk »

Ordered mine on the 13th June, picking up 15th September, so 2 days over 3 months.
XC40 / B4P / Inscription / Pebble Grey / Blond Leather / Climate Pack / Driver Assist Pack / Lounge Pack / 19.5 Alloys / Tempa Spare Wheel / Dark Tinted Rear Windows
VolvoPhil

Post by VolvoPhil »

We ordered our Inscription Pro (T3) on 8th July and we've not heard a peep out of the dealer, other than the 3 month estimate when we ordered. We phoned them 2 weeks ago and were told they have not yet been allocated a build week :(
Volvo XC40 T3 Inscription Pro in Denim Blue (on order)
RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

VolvoPhil wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:55 am We ordered our Inscription Pro (T3) on 8th July and we've not heard a peep out of the dealer, other than the 3 month estimate when we ordered. We phoned them 2 weeks ago and were told they have not yet been allocated a build week :(
That sounds very fishy... When I ordered mine, the dealer told me the order would be entered on to Volvo's system and scheduled into the production plan within a few days, whereupon they would know the allocated build week. Coming from a Supply Chain background, that's exactly what I would expect to happen, and of course, it did.

I cannot think of a good reason why there would be no allocated build week if your order was placed in early July - unless Volvo are not able to produce a car with your specific spec due to a component issue. If that was the case, I'd expect the dealer to be letting you know and offering alternative solutions.

Ask your dealer for your Volvo order details - to demonstrate when the order was placed etc.