Build Times

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

Does anyone know the current build times . I have a T5 Recharge PHEV Inscription Pro on order sine mid May and was told early September, however many delays seem to be happening from other posts.

BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Hi there,
It’s three months.
I ordered my B4P right at the beginning of July and was given end of September for delivery. Whether that will happen though, is anyone’s guess. I’ve a friend who’s been given the same lead time at a different dealer.
With your being the Recharge though, perhaps they’ve got a bigger backlog.
TBH, I was surprised when I was given September as the delivery. I’d have thought longer. Well we all know how truthful car dealers can be.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

I ordered mine (B4P Inscription Pro) on 25th July. The dealer has told me the car should arrive with them by 12th September, with delivery to me by 18th September.
RichardM71

Post by RichardM71 »

Build times must have been improved, our B4P ordered on 1st March is due at the dealers early September. Obviously delays due to the factory closure and model year switch over. May also have been some delays on this updated drivetrain. Sounds like they are catching up on the backlog now.
Last edited by RichardM71 on Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 2507

Post by Deleted User 2507 »

I have an early Feb ordered PHEV that has slipped twice, mine isn't due till mid Sept as it stands now.
Wheaters55

Post by Wheaters55 »

I ordered my T5 phev inscription early march. Slipped to 4 Sep delivery to the dealer. Blame Covid, MY 21 switch and allegedly some delays in parts to factory. Still, the price was frozen as quoted on the order so can't complain too much.
T5 Recharge Inscription, Crystal White, Charcoal interior, tinted rear windows + space saver spare.
Delivered 15 Sep 20
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

I called my dealer yesterday to get an update. Ordered PHEV Inscription Pro on 15th June and they said it is still on track to be with them on 4th September and then to me the following week.
Last edited by Ks2 on Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

That’s reassuring to know. 👍
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
Deleted User 2507

Post by Deleted User 2507 »

blisteringblue wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:44 am I have an early Feb ordered PHEV that has slipped twice, mine isn't due till mid Sept as it stands now.
So close and yet so far. At the dealers for 10th Sept but they want 10-14 days to PDI it :roll:

The joys of a lease company car, you can't bang your fists on a table :lol:
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

I ordered mine June 3rd, expected early September.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.