Remote start - what a God send

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

So, had a pub lunch today. 10 minutes before leaving the house, I remote started the car. Fantastic to get into a cool car. When it’s hot, I normally drive in a thong.
Last edited by Dermottdog on Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

Hope you got the absorbant seat option.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Absorbent seat option 🤢 😂

This is something I can’t wait to use. Cold, early morning starts will so much more bearable with this.
The remote start I mean, not the absorbent seat! 😂
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

BionicRusty wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:50 pm Absorbent seat option 🤢 😂

This is something I can’t wait to use. Cold, early morning starts will so much more bearable with this.
The remote start I mean, not the absorbent seat! 😂
Are you in the UK, with the UK spec?
Having the remote start is fine for clearing the windscreen of ice, but does little to heat the interior
72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

Can turn on heated seats though (if fitted). ♨️
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

To me, remote start is one of the best features. It's a big part of why I've ordered another Volvo & not something else.

Contrary to what's been said above, I find that it can get the interior warm, even on the coldest mornings. Important to note that I'm talking petrol engine & it does need at least 15 mins.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

Silver Moose wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:59 pm To me, remote start is one of the best features. It's a big part of why I've ordered another Volvo & not something else.

Contrary to what's been said above, I find that it can get the interior warm, even on the coldest mornings. Important to note that I'm talking petrol engine & it does need at least 15 mins.
I can only talk in terms of my experience and the UK car doesn't come with a separate climate heater utilized by the cold country specced cars. So any heat generated to warm the interior is superficial. In my experience of course.

Works very well on both front and rear windscreens though. I don't have heated seats so can't comment on that aspect, but I understand they come on with remote start if set up to do so.

I have a petrol T4 UK spec and it certainly doesn't give any appreciable internal heating despite 15 minute remote start. Sometimes I've tried two consecutive 15 mins again with no internal heat.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Dermottdog wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:47 pm So, had a pub lunch today. 10 minutes before leaving the house, I remote started the car. Fantastic to get into a cool car. When it’s hot, I normally drive in a thong.
With all the lock down I had forgot about this :D after a couple of hours walking around a hot National Trust place (Emett's Garden in Kent - well worth a visit) I remote started the car while we said goodbye to the the people we has social distance walking around with. So nice to get into a nice cool car out of the heat. The automatically closed sun blind helped as well.

In the cold I found you had to set your heater settings high before you lock the car - that way when you remote start it heats the car up, Same with pre-setting the temp when you want to cool the car. Certainly works well on my T5 - just don't leave the fans on speed 1.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
malkyxc40

Post by malkyxc40 »

I keep forgetting to use it
xcy40

Post by xcy40 »

I don't understand why I don't have access to this functionality in Cyprus. Is it a market restriction?

I can only use the parking climate, that does basically nothing.