MY21 only 1 main key confirmed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

blisteringblue wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:55 am Does anybody know if the user profiles can be assigned to the seats via a button press? Mine is a company car so I will use 90% of the time, but as long as we can program settings for my wife I'm sure that would do for us.

Lol, maybe I should Dr Google first, it would appear so

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support/ma ... or-mirrors

meh, that will do for me :roll:
Some added info, not mentioned there is that the seats will move into position with a quick press & release if you do it with an open door, before getting in. If you're sitting in the car, you have to press & hold (so it doesn't break anyone's legs).

It's all anyone really needs, the rest is a storm in a teacup.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera

RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

Silver Moose wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:51 pm
It's all anyone really needs, the rest is a storm in a teacup.
You are right. Same as electric windows, quick-clear windscreen, reversing camera, radar cruise control and a bunch of other fripperies. Who needs them, eh?

Fact is, if Volvo offer key-based profile switching as a feature and benefit of the car, then it really ought to work out of the box. Of course there's a workaround but I think that's missing the point.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Exactly. 👏👏
I’m just glad I’m getting mine now as the next MY could be downgraded further and will only come with three wheels plus a space saver. Additional wheels can be purchased from the Volvo store.
Losing the little touches is bad enough like the exhaust trims, all of the embossing, paddle shifters on R Design, etc, but to only have one man in key is ridiculous.
Maybe I’d expect this on a 15 year old car bought off FB but a brand new, almost £40k car? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
Shan

Post by Shan »

So the latest on my complaint, response from the dealer:

"On further investigation, it appears the orange Care Key is not programmable. This is how all new cars will now be supplied with one programmable key and one Care Key.

To recognise and respond to customers concerns, Volvo have reduced the price of remote key fobs to £75 (including VAT and labour). Please note this key will not include the emergency key blade."

Dealer won't swallow the cost of the replacement key, and Volvo think they are already offering the earth probably. Making me reconsider going with the service plan they are still trying to flog me!! What's going to be missing from that - the service?
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

At least there's some acknowledgement that it's no good with only one proper key, presumably, the care key comes with the blade, so just swap it out and leave the care key in a drawer somewhere.? Apart from owt else, seems a bit short of thinking to me, who's goiing to lend their car to someone they trust so little that they need to limit the top speed of it?
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

Shan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:00 pm So the latest on my complaint, response from the dealer:

"On further investigation, it appears the orange Care Key is not programmable. This is how all new cars will now be supplied with one programmable key and one Care Key.

To recognise and respond to customers concerns, Volvo have reduced the price of remote key fobs to £75 (including VAT and labour). Please note this key will not include the emergency key blade."

Dealer won't swallow the cost of the replacement key, and Volvo think they are already offering the earth probably. Making me reconsider going with the service plan they are still trying to flog me!! What's going to be missing from that - the service?
It is interesting that Volvo now acknowledge the concerns of their customers by reducing the price of a spare key.

I'm also considering a service plan. I've been offered 5 years (5 services) for £599, which sounds like a good deal - assuming we keep the car for 5 years, which we are currently planning to do.
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

As far as I can see, the service plan would pay for itself in two years at that price, deffo worth having.
I believe the service includes 12 months volvo recovery even if its on the service plan, so there's 3 years with the car, then another 2 years with the service, at around £120 a year?
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Shan wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:00 pm

That's also handy for those of us with the older style fobs that are vulnerable to the relay attack theft method. So for £150 you can have two new fobs...and I assume move the keys to the new fobs
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
RichardXC

Post by RichardXC »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:50 pm As far as I can see, the service plan would pay for itself in two years at that price, deffo worth having.
I believe the service includes 12 months volvo recovery even if its on the service plan, so there's 3 years with the car, then another 2 years with the service, at around £120 a year?
I think you are right about the recovery plan, and as you say, that makes it a bit of a no-brainer.
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

Thank you for posting Shan.

The cheeky b457ards.
I don’t care if it’s £10, they’re still asking for cash for a standard item.
Keep the flippin’ care key Volvo. Who wants that?
I’m not paying for a second key! When my car gets sold on it’ll probably only have a care key.

Again, will the MY22 car come with three wheels and an optional fourth for £extra?!

This is a ridiculous move by Volvo.

I can’t help it. I’ve got in touch with Watchdog.
I suggest everyone else do the same.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/send/u23123288?pt ... s/b006mg74
Last edited by BionicRusty on Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020