Me first Volvo

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
HAMMEROFHOPE

Post by HAMMEROFHOPE »

Hey all,

Have owned my XC40 T5 R-Design for just over a year now. Been meaning to jump onto a forum since I picked it up. Finally sorting it.

Got the Polestar upgrade, 4C chassis, driver support package and lifestyle pack.

Absolutely love this car. Was a big purchase for me - first new car.

I’m in Sydney, Australia and the only bit of advice I’d give so far is don’t accept the standard price for the Polestar upgrade. I checked the price in the UK and did an exchange rate check... Australia was double the price. I asked the question and Volvo agreed to do it for the same price. Winning.

Thanks all,

Chris John

Post by Chris John »

HAMMEROFHOPE wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:59 am Hey all,

Have owned my XC40 T5 R-Design for just over a year now. Been meaning to jump onto a forum since I picked it up. Finally sorting it.

Got the Polestar upgrade, 4C chassis, driver support package and lifestyle pack.

Absolutely love this car. Was a big purchase for me - first new car.

I’m in Sydney, Australia and the only bit of advice I’d give so far is don’t accept the standard price for the Polestar upgrade. I checked the price in the UK and did an exchange rate check... Australia was double the price. I asked the question and Volvo agreed to do it for the same price. Winning.

Thanks all,

So is it worth getting the upgrade in your opinion?
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
HAMMEROFHOPE

Post by HAMMEROFHOPE »

Yeah definitely. I had the car for a couple of months before the upgrade so experienced both.

Polestar just gives you that extra punch when it’s needed. Practical for some moments and a lot of fun for others.