All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

BionicRusty wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:59 pm Chris, is yours an MY21 build? So no visible exhaust trim in the bumper?
No luckily it’s a MY20.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras

balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Chris John wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:14 am Mine still has ticket holder on A pillar (5 weeks old). If that’s a USP people are easily pleased!
It's often the little design details that sell cars. Others on here are upset by the lack of visible tail-pipes and the absence of text on the rear pillars which I don't give a toss about. But if they start removing practical touches like the ticket holder then I start to get concerned!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

I agree. It’s the cumulative spec deletions that add up. Plus knowing that the price hasn’t dropped. After all, Volvo will be making a good saving on these. Ah well.
There still is a ticket holder, but it’s on the sun visor I believe, so perhaps not making parking tickets so obvious.
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
AndrewC

Post by AndrewC »

Ok what about a reversing camera?
XC40 Inscription
T5 Hybrid - Red
Drivers Pack
Tow Bar
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

MY21 inscription has reversing camera but price has gone up by the price it was before as an option.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

I've only used the windscreen ticket holder once in 12 months, I just put the ticket on the dash now.

It's very flimsy and doesn't really fulfill its remit of holding the ticket firmly against the screen.

I put the parking ticket in only to see it slide down the window, entering the gap between window and dash, never to be seen again.

Luckily the parking wardens weren't on the ball that day.

It's safer just placed on the dash. Thankfully Volvo have seen sense and removed a piece of plastic !!
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

Randall Flagg wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:08 am I've only used the windscreen ticket holder once in 12 months, I just put the ticket on the dash now.

It's very flimsy and doesn't really fulfill its remit of holding the ticket firmly against the screen.

I put the parking ticket in only to see it slide down the window, entering the gap between window and dash, never to be seen again.

It's safer just placed on the dash. Thankfully Volvo have seen sense and removed a piece of plastic !!
Apparently that piece is plastic is a USP 🤷‍♂️
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Randall Flagg

Post by Randall Flagg »

Chris John wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:38 am
Randall Flagg wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:08 am I've only used the windscreen ticket holder once in 12 months, I just put the ticket on the dash now.

Apparently that piece is plastic is a USP 🤷‍♂️
I think it's more of a USPP!
A Useless Silly Piece of Plastic
BionicRusty

Post by BionicRusty »

I don’t disagree. 😁
The point isn’t just about this. It’s just the smallest of the raft of deletions.
When I mentioned it to my dealer that I’d read about this here, his response was that “this is and always will be a Swedish characteristic of the Volvo’s. This is here to stay!“ 🤷🏻‍♂️ So it’s more important to Volvo than it is to me!
Engine - B4P
Trim - Inscription Pro
Paint - Glacier Silver
Interior - Red oxide leather
Car registered: 4th November 2020
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

Never had that problem. You must have a defective clip - strong grounds for rejecting your car immediately!
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18