Delayed build date

The place to discuss everything else..
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Just wondering if anyone else had a call from their dealer to say build date delayed. Mine was due to be built Thurs 23March, didn’t happen and couldn’t tell me how long delay might be. Hope it’s not too long.
T5 First edition Crystal White

Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Sorry to report - just the opposite - mine seems to have gained a few days and coming sooner than last estimate. Pretty close to having waited 4 months so far now. Patience it will come.

Edit - I should have added that I did also have a delayed build ETA during my process, so probably it's all a bit fluid and ebbs and flows the closer you get to actual build and delivery.
XC40 FE [MY18] | T5 AWD Auto | Crystal White | 20" | Lava | Apr 18
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Mine too was a Dec order, wonder if certain dealers get favoured more than others ?
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

I think some dealers were just quicker off the mark in putting through their "own" orders to secure early production slots. Those then being re-spec'ed as customers put their orders in. I know I was this first XC40 order at my dealer in Dec but am still sitting waiting for mine (like you), whilst others ordered in Jan/Feb and either have them or are being given similar delivery dates.

I guess the larger dealerships are also allowed to put more pre-orders in which perhaps give more flexibility (but equally exposure if it is a bad launch (- not in the case))

After the launch on 22 Feb, those dealer pre-orders then fill up and likely that over the next month or so we'll start to see what the proper lead times are and this will be consistent across all dealers (unless they are playing the game and putting further "dealer" orders in).

Good luck - I really hope you get some more positive news over the next few days.
Mukesh

Post by Mukesh »

Hi , I put in my order on the 7th Jan , and have had to phone my dealers every so often for up dates .
Was told beginning of March, that they had the "scheduled build date of 22nd March . On calling the dealer on that date, was told that now the build date is the 27th March ( tomorrow ) . So I should prepare to come and collect around the 5th April . Sounds so simple and straight forward but am sure something else will turn up , I am cautiously optimistic .
XC40. T5. FE. Bright silver / lava interior / 20 inch alloys. Delivered 13th April .
Zippy99

Post by Zippy99 »

Would be interesting to know, if people who placed orders via brokers as against those who placed them on a dealer direct are the ones experiencing the delays or is it a level playing playing field irrespective of where the car was purchased from? Brokers were offering some excellent prices on the FE, that the two dealers I spoke too wouldn’t compete against!
David56

Post by David56 »

All the cars are ultimately coming via a dealer so should be the same I would have thought.
First Edition T5 in Fusion Red with 20" Alloys.
Now Sold
robbo

Post by robbo »

Hi All

I bought through a broker that is getting it direct from a dealership. I was thinking the same thing, will they prioritise there direct customers
or the brokers I suppose we will never know. The dealerships were talking about 3%-4% discount for cash sale brokers are advertising 13%
savings a real no brainer really.

Another thing if the dealership is taking a trade in you would think he would want that in and turn it around ASAP plus the cash difference
from the punter he has to pay so he is getting to hits, whilst only one hit from a broker just a thought !

Robbo
Michaelxc40

Post by Michaelxc40 »

Just had the call from my dealer to say car has been built, chassis number allocated at its at the docks in Zebrugge. Hopefully on the final stage now.
Boomer

Post by Boomer »

Michaelxc40 wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:35 am Just had the call from my dealer to say car has been built, chassis number allocated at its at the docks in Zebrugge. Hopefully on the final stage now.
Good news - won't be long now. Judging by others seems that it's about a week (or less) from this point but perhaps need to factor in the Easter weekend that might slow down deliveries and dealer end stuff (PDI's etc).