New to Volvo

New to the Volvo XC40 Forums? Introduce yourself here
CastleMarkT

Post by CastleMarkT »

I'm a new Volvo driver having driven Fords for over 40 years. This is also my first PHEV so a few new experiences, procedures and ways of driving to get used to. By far the best car I've ever owned though and I'm so looking forward to spending more time in the car as the lockdown eases.

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Welcome. I'm nearly 18 months in with my first ever Volvo..best car I've ever had
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Deleted User 2766

Post by Deleted User 2766 »

Had my first XC40 (T4 Auto AWD R Design) for 10 months now. It's the most expensive car I've ever had, but not the best.

That accolade goes to my previous car, a VW Golf.

My next car will be a Golf.
Last edited by Deleted User 2766 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Welcome & enjoy. My XC40 IS the best car I've ever owned.

My next car will be..........another Volvo (V60CC) just because I'd always miss VOC remote start now if ever I strayed.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
Chris John

Post by Chris John »

A car is a very personal like and dislike
I love my XC 40. Hated my VW Golf. Felt like I was driving a roller skate.
Loved my Merc, sold it to a mate and he hated it!
Hopefully you’ll enjoy your XC 40 and get many happy years out of it.
Volvo XC40 T5 R-Drive Pro. Thunder Grey with lots of extras
Deleted User 2766

Post by Deleted User 2766 »

Chris John wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:44 pm A car is a very personal like and dislike
I love my XC 40. Hated my VW Golf. Felt like I was driving a roller skate.
Loved my Merc, sold it to a mate and he hated it!
Hopefully you’ll enjoy your XC 40 and get many happy years out of it.
Yes agree. Didn't mean to denigrate the Volvo. It's a very good car and I enjoy it.

This week it's started to tell me it needs a service soon. It's actually due early October and I've only done 4,000 miles in 10 months - hardly anything done in last few months!!

Do I really need telling each time I start it needs a service, all the way through the next two months?
balmoral

Post by balmoral »

I've only had my XC40 for 2 years so it's too early to say whether it is the best car I ever owned! The current holder of that title is the V60 I had before the XC40, it was swift, comfortable and never set a foot wrong in the 8 years I owned it. The award for the worst car ever is easily won by my Audi A6 Avant, which rattled, guzzled oil and was unreliable - it has put me off ever buying another VW group car again.
Inscription T5 Pine Grey Received 31/05/18
Plumber64

Post by Plumber64 »

This is my first Volvo. Have come from a Merc 45 AMG. The reason being that my wife was having trouble getting in and out of it as it was low down. Was sorry to see it go and was wondering what to have next. Pleased to say I am very happy with the T5 XC 40. Got a bit of punch as have had the Polestar upgrade fitted. Its very quiet, comfortable and practical. Love the safety features and the kit that comes as standard.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

balmoral wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:02 pm I've only had my XC40 for 2 years so it's too early to say whether it is the best car I ever owned! The current holder of that title is the V60 I had before the XC40, it was swift, comfortable and never set a foot wrong in the 8 years I owned it. The award for the worst car ever is easily won by my Audi A6 Avant, which rattled, guzzled oil and was unreliable - it has put me off ever buying another VW group car again.
Funnily enough I was going to say that my best car was a 2013 Audi A6 Avant Black Edition! Great looking car and lovely and smooth and quiet. Only sold it because it wasn't getting enough use and so bought the TT. That's a great car as well but the quality is nowhere near the A6.

Had a Yeti (which was great) before the XC40 and left the VW Group because I couldn't get what I wanted and too many problems with their engines. Did me a favour as the Volvo is a lovely car.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.