Poll time - Would you have paid to have a different colour?

All Volvo XC40 related discussions

Would you have paid to have a different car body colour?

Yes
42%
No
56%
Other (please set out below)
1%

Total votes: 222

AndrewMcC

Post by AndrewMcC »

duppyshare wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:23 pm ...sorry Boomer - of the entire Volvo range. Pretty sure in the UK there's no "burnt orange" on any model but would love to know if I'm wrong as I 100% agree with you - that would look awesome in an R-Design with the black roof...
You mean something like the Volkswagen T-Roc? I think that has a burnt orange.. looks pretty cool
2019 XC40 Fusion Red T5 R-Design 20"Alloys

Spikebyt

Post by Spikebyt »

At introduction I picked the red one, but a little while later I changed my mind and chose the Solid White option combined with blonde leather interior. Still very happy with it, despite I see very much darker, including black, ones
XC40 T5 AWD First Edition in Ice White with Blonde interior and Scandinavian Pack
(Parking heater and heated steering wheel plus heated rear seats)
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

AndrewMcC wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:44 am
duppyshare wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:23 pm ...sorry Boomer - of the entire Volvo range. Pretty sure in the UK there's no "burnt orange" on any model but would love to know if I'm wrong as I 100% agree with you - that would look awesome in an R-Design with the black roof...
You mean something like the Volkswagen T-Roc? I think that has a burnt orange.. looks pretty cool
I've got an Audi TT roadster in samoa orange metallic, which would equate to burnt orange, with black trim and it looks fantastic. Audi and SEAT etc. have samoa orange as an option on some of their SUVs but I don't think it suits their larger cars that well. The R-Design would help the colour with its black roof etc. but I still think it might be too much.

Even though recently retired I like my bright colours and am considering a fusion red XC40. It will clash with the orange TT but what the heck! :D
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
razashah5

Post by razashah5 »

I have the Crystal White Inscription Pro.
Problem is after its been raining, I can see all the mud marks on the car!!
Would have liked a black or denim blue, but needed the car quickly so settled for white...anyway, it's growing on me.
T4 Inscription Pro - Crystal White - Xenium Pack - Intellisafe Pro
alexnisbett

Post by alexnisbett »

I took delivery of a Fusion Red T5 R-Design Pro a week ago. Like some of the others on this thread, I would have enjoyed more lively colours. Personally, I despair at all the black, white silver vehicles on our roads.
XC40 T-5 AWD R-Design Pro Auto MY19 Fusion Red Xenium Intellisafe... Insta @red_xc40
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

In our road it's a sea of white, silver and black cars, oh and one red one. I'm doing my best in having an orange one and soon to be joined with a bright blue XC40.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
CambsClive

Post by CambsClive »

Ordering an R-design, my preference would have been the solid white (not a standard colour for R-Design) but even contacting Volvo head office (customer support) I ended up with a "computer says no" type response. :(
My last several cars have been silver and I was desperate for a change - but the choice is so limiting I've been forced to silver again - very disappointing!
Capirossi

Post by Capirossi »

I have been struggling with colour choices on the RD. My go-to is black, and I absolutely love it in black with the equivalent Mercedes 'night pack', but my current car is black and I've said for 3 years that I fancied a change, so have ended up with.....black!! I'm not a red or white person, I was very close to choosing blue but the shade isn't right for me. Silver seemed neither here or there (too white rather than a deeper silver) and the grey was a little too green-tinged in my eyes.

I would have liked to have seen a deeper blue, almost like the Ford RS blue, but my absolute ultimate would have been navy. The other half has his X6 in Carbon Black, and a neighbour has his Merc GLE Coupe in navy. Serious colour envy!! However, I know I will love my black Vader (she says, with 4 weeks to change mind, eek!)

Ps in photos I adore the blue and white!
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

Capirossi wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:22 am I have been struggling with colour choices on the RD. My go-to is black, and I absolutely love it in black with the equivalent Mercedes 'night pack', but my current car is black and I've said for 3 years that I fancied a change, so have ended up with.....black!! I'm not a red or white person, I was very close to choosing blue but the shade isn't right for me. Silver seemed neither here or there (too white rather than a deeper silver) and the grey was a little too green-tinged in my eyes.

I would have liked to have seen a deeper blue, almost like the Ford RS blue, but my absolute ultimate would have been navy. The other half has his X6 in Carbon Black, and a neighbour has his Merc GLE Coupe in navy. Serious colour envy!! However, I know I will love my black Vader (she says, with 4 weeks to change mind, eek!)

Did you go for metallic or solid? I'm very close to finally getting my black stone inscription and desperately wish that I won't regret it.
Capirossi

Post by Capirossi »

frtsrm wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:14 pm
Capirossi wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:22 am I have been struggling with colour choices on the RD. My go-to is black, and I absolutely love it in black with the equivalent Mercedes 'night pack', but my current car is black and I've said for 3 years that I fancied a change, so have ended up with.....black!! I'm not a red or white person, I was very close to choosing blue but the shade isn't right for me. Silver seemed neither here or there (too white rather than a deeper silver) and the grey was a little too green-tinged in my eyes.

Did you go for metallic or solid? I'm very close to finally getting my black stone inscription and desperately wish that I won't regret it.
I went for metallic, Onxy Black, but the very first model I saw was Black Stone, and that's the one that made me fall for it! I would have chosen it but metallic was included in the price on my lease, so made sense to utilise it. I'm sure you'll love it 😀 How far off is it?