Volvo XC40 Apple Car play

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
PODxc40

Post by PODxc40 »

Hi All.

I came across this forum while doing some research on this car and hoping someone can advice.

I sat into one of these cars today and boy are they luxury at it's finest.

I've been going through the Volvo build your own XC40 and see what options ill decide on. Now I notice that Apple Car Play isn't in this car by default which is a real shame as a lot of manufactures include this feature by default but it's an added extra found in the "Lounge Pack"

My worry is that part of that "Lounge Pack" there's " Slide Panoramic Sunroof with Sun Curtain" I don't want this in my car as Im a tall guy and having a Slide Panoramic Sunroof lowers the roof and I can't fit in it (tested today)

Is it possible to have the "Lounge Pack" but not to include the " Slide Panoramic Sunroof with Sun Curtain"

stu22

Post by stu22 »

Just ask your dealer to retrofit CarPlay after purchase, that's what we've just done
PODxc40

Post by PODxc40 »

Thanks stu22 for you advice. Something to consider

Part of the "Lounge Pack" is

Power Glass Tilt and Slide Panoramic Sunroof

Parking Camera 360 Degree View

Park Assist Pilot

Smartphone Integration with USB HUB

Harmon/Kardon Premium Sound

Out of interest could I ask the dealer I want the "Lounge Pack" but leave out the "Power Glass Tilt and Slide Panoramic Sunroof"

There's some nice options in that Lounge pack
ciuncky

Post by ciuncky »

Just to point out, Volvo says the roof doesn’t affect internal space. Not sure if the car is taller on the outside for the roof, but i noticed it’s very thin compared to other brands. Also, opening is outside rater than inside (as i saw some BMWs) so if you fancy the idea of a sunroof, sit into one first.

But yeah, otherwise you can get the dealer to retrofit it even before you collect it, and it won’t be much more expensive than getting it factory fit
PODxc40

Post by PODxc40 »

I sat in a XC40 which had electric seats and a sunroof and there wasn't any space for me BUT I've been thinking I may know what caused the issue. I suspect the car I was looking at had Versatility pack and with that comes a Storage Box Under Driver Seat

That's bound to reduce how far the seat can go down

id be interesting to try a XC40 that has a electric seats, a sunroof but no storage box, would I have more space
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

PODxc40 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:10 pm I sat in a XC40 which had electric seats and a sunroof and there wasn't any space for me BUT I've been thinking I may know what caused the issue. I suspect the car I was looking at had Versatility pack and with that comes a Storage Box Under Driver Seat

That's bound to reduce how far the seat can go down

id be interesting to try a XC40 that has a electric seats, a sunroof but no storage box, would I have more space
Afraid to say The storage box under the drivers seat is so tiny it has no effect on height. Drivers seat lowers to exactly the same height as the front passenger seat which doesn’t have the box...
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
Ks2

Post by Ks2 »

The smart phone integration is available as a stand-alone option when building your car. Cost is £300.
abby606

Post by abby606 »

PODxc40 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:10 pmI don't want this in my car as Im a tall guy
What height are you out of interest? I'm 6'4" and have adequate headroom with the sunroof and the seat fully down. Just wondering if you had the seat properly adjusted or you are super tall!
Silver Moose

Post by Silver Moose »

Last time I looked, the only option you couldn't add separately was the park pilot.

Given that park pilot isn't really needed if you've got the 360 camera, you might as well add the options you want - IMHO, sunroofs are a risk (fault-wise) anyway.

For what it's worth, when I bought mine I left out both smartphone integration & Harman Kardon. I thought I'd only ever use the in-built nav + bluetooth audio & thought that the (very clever) car design didn't provide enough options for speaker positioning to make the audio upgrade worth it - as it happens, I added smartphone integration after a year of frustration with the awful routing options from the nav and, whilst I find the standard audio fine around town, I do find it muddy & tiresome at motorway speeds.

A big part of my decision to move to a V60 is the option to combine acoustic glass with the Bowers & Wilkins system - even if that may sound a bit extreme :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Silver Moose on Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real name Carl
T4 Inscription Pro ordered 13/12/2018 - collected 30/3/2019
Bright Silver/Charcoal
Convenience pack, Intellisafe Pro, 360 camera
PODxc40

Post by PODxc40 »

Thanks for the replies so far folks, extremely helpful
abby606 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:26 pm
PODxc40 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:10 pmI don't want this in my car as Im a tall guy
What height are you out of interest? I'm 6'4" and have adequate headroom with the sunroof and the seat fully down. Just wondering if you had the seat properly adjusted or you are super tall!
Im actually 6'4" too

In your XC40 was it electric seats and sunroof?