New Car on the drive..

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
frtsrm

Post by frtsrm »

OldFace wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:12 pm Depends what model year you get. My car ordered mid year last year and picked up at the end of September 2019 is a MY2020. I would expect any car picked up now will be MY2021, but who knows; what's it say on your order.

Don't forget that in any event the chrome trimmed exhausts aren't really chrome trimmed exhausts. The chrome trim is around holes in the bumper which the conventional metal bog-standard exhausts vent through. It's all mirrors and (exhaust) smoke!
When ordering back in February I was told that mine would be one of the last MY2020 slots, so I'm confident that it's not MY2021. The car has actually arrived in the customs but since I'm enjoying my vacation at the moment, I'll have to be a bit more patient :)

As for the fake exhaust appearance, I don't really mind; they really look nice the way they are :)

Deleted User 2484

Post by Deleted User 2484 »

frtsrm wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:33 pm
OldFace wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:12 pm Depends what model year you get. My car ordered mid year last year and picked up at the end of September 2019 is a MY2020. I would expect any car picked up now will be MY2021, but who knows; what's it say on your order.

Don't forget that in any event the chrome trimmed exhausts aren't really chrome trimmed exhausts. The chrome trim is around holes in the bumper which the conventional metal bog-standard exhausts vent through. It's all mirrors and (exhaust) smoke!
When ordering back in February I was told that mine would be one of the last MY2020 slots, so I'm confident that it's not MY2021. The car has actually arrived in the customs but since I'm enjoying my vacation at the moment, I'll have to be a bit more patient :)

As for the fake exhaust appearance, I don't really mind; they really look nice the way they are :)
That's great; hope you enjoy your car.

I agree the trims look good. I was just setting your expectations at the right level as there's lots of reference on this forum as the exhausts being chrome trimmed pipes!
Bursting Blue

Post by Bursting Blue »

The factory stopped making MY20 models three weeks ago ( June 9 ) All cars that are now being made are 2021 models.