New Car on the drive..

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

black_country wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:35 pm Yes the car is now devoid of any R design branding inside and out.
It looks like they’ve also done away with one of the USB ports in the front [I’m sure I saw a picture with 2 on here] I just connected my iPod it looks a bit of mess actually, I thought there might be a usb hidden away in the glove box or arm rest. I can’t even plug it in the back and put it in the cargo net behind the seat because they’re not usb
The socket for the rear passengers is USB-C, should be easy to get a new cable, and probably a good idea as things are moving that way anyway. I bought a black USB-C cable for there and threaded it forward so the front passenger can use it for charging.

It is annoying that there is nothing in the centre bin for charging though.
Last edited by jamie307 on Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

double post :o
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
black_country

Post by black_country »

Thanks I’ll get a new cable and run it into the armrest. I was thinking about going down the passport hard drive instead of iPod classic route anyway so this would be good place to store it.
Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

OldFace wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:38 am
black_country wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:10 am Hi everyone,
Thanks for your replies it’s put that niggling thought to bed. I’m sure if I’d looked into it a bit more I would have come across the info..it’s a shame tho because I thought the R design logo looked smart there .. discrete even.
What bolt are you referring to paul(in York)?
Right then I’m of to figure how to turn the radio on...
Thanks guys
Probably a typo. Boot rather than Bolt .
Yep.. you're correct. I meant boot.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!
eugen61

Post by eugen61 »

black_country wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:12 pm Thanks I’ll get a new cable and run it into the armrest. I was thinking about going down the passport hard drive instead of iPod classic route anyway so this would be good place to store it.
I use a 12V car charger with 2 USB ports fitted in the tunnel console electrical socket, it was actually cheaper than a USB C - USB A cable and provides two extra charging ports.

8AFF5580-DD6F-4662-AF42-76772437EB3B.jpeg

Deleted User 2504

Post by Deleted User 2504 »

It all started to go downhill when they deleted the little Swedish flags.....
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Builderman5 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:16 pm It all started to go downhill when they deleted the little Swedish flags.....
👏🏻
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Deleted User 2484

Post by Deleted User 2484 »

Builderman5 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:16 pm It all started to go downhill when they deleted the little Swedish flags.....
I bought two for £9.99 from Amazon. One's been on since middle of last year, and I have a spare !!

Search on Amazon for Swedish Flag Rubber Tags For Saab and Volvo Pair of Badges
Deleted User 2484

Post by Deleted User 2484 »

eugen61 wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:28 pm
black_country wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:12 pm Thanks I’ll get a new cable and run it into the armrest. I was thinking about going down the passport hard drive instead of iPod classic route anyway so this would be good place to store it.
I use a 12V car charger with 2 USB ports fitted in the tunnel console electrical socket, it was actually cheaper than a USB C - USB A cable and provides two extra charging ports.
Same here. I use a dual USB port plugged into the cigarette lighter socket. In the USB socket, single one on my car, I plug a USB drive with all my music on.
Deleted User 2504

Post by Deleted User 2504 »

OldFace wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:12 pm
I bought two for £9.99 from Amazon. One's been on since middle of last year, and I have a spare !!

Search on Amazon for Swedish Flag Rubber Tags For Saab and Volvo Pair of Badges
Yes, I already have some. Was disappointed they weren’t on the car but the Salesman told me they were on Amazon. Just never got around to putting them on yet.