New Car on the drive..

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Seems like cost cutting to me, removing small details that set the cars apart from the run of the mill rivals.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D

jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:09 am Seems like cost cutting to me, removing small details that set the cars apart from the run of the mill rivals.
All the embossing is now available on the Recharge models, they've just moved it over.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
Bernard Bernardsson

Why remove it from the others though? Like the headrests dropping down, seems like penny pinching to me, spoiling the ship etc 😞😞 and yes it's small details, but I happened to like the small details. Just disappointed my original car never came, would have been spot on then.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

black_country wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:52 pm Hi everybody.
New Thunder Grey T3 R design on the drive, ordered just before lockdown so quite happy about the delivery. Owning for an hour or so my only disappointment is that apparently on the '21' models they've done away with the R Design badge on the d post/roof join... So thinking about it there's no badge at all.. I'll go and have a look in a bit.
Has anyone else heard about this or is the dealer fobbing me off. There are other changes as well, the auto tail lift is standard now and something but I'm not sure what on the winter pack. My Mrs jokingly said maybe they've run out and the supplier has furloughed everybody. But maybe she's onto something....
Can I ask, what do you think is extra on the winter pack.?.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Bernard Bernardsson

Heated wheel and rear seats, now called climate pack?
fisherman

Post by fisherman »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:57 pm Heated wheel and rear seats, now called climate pack?
Thanks.
XC40 RDesign D4.Thunder Grey Climate Pack Park Assist.Tempra Spare Wheel.
Bursting Blue

Post by Bursting Blue »

Has anyone already seen the 2021 R-design in real? I am curious how it looks without the visible exhausts.

I agree, it's a stupid decision from Volvo to remove all the RD branding. The only difference on the outside compared to the other versions now is the black roof and the grill. Also now missing in the interior are the r-design scuff plates and badge on the steeringwheel.
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:04 pm Why remove it from the others though? Like the headrests dropping down, seems like penny pinching to me, spoiling the ship etc 😞😞 and yes it's small details, but I happened to like the small details. Just disappointed my original car never came, would have been spot on then.
Like it or not electric is the future and they are focused on increasing the sales of their Recharge line. That's where they want the little things that make it distinctive and put a smile on some people's faces. Retaining similar on the R-Design wouldn't make the Recharge feel special.
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
black_country

Post by black_country »

Yes the car is now devoid of any R design branding inside and out.
It looks like they’ve also done away with one of the USB ports in the front [I’m sure I saw a picture with 2 on here] I just connected my iPod it looks a bit of mess actually, I thought there might be a usb hidden away in the glove box or arm rest. I can’t even plug it in the back and put it in the cargo net behind the seat because they’re not usb
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

black_country wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:35 pm Yes the car is now devoid of any R design branding inside and out.
It looks like they’ve also done away with one of the USB ports in the front [I’m sure I saw a picture with 2 on here] I just connected my iPod it looks a bit of mess actually, I thought there might be a usb hidden away in the glove box or arm rest. I can’t even plug it in the back and put it in the cargo net behind the seat because they’re not usb
The missing USB might not be missing. All cars come or came with 1 USB in the front just ahead of the gear knob. You only got 2 if you specified Apple Car or Android Auto. You could opt for the dealer to fit the option (a new updated console had to be fitted to include the extra USB).
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.