Regretfully Car Has Now Been Rejected and Returned.

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
squint

Post by squint »

I’m sure many members have read the multitude of problems I’ve had since collecting my car 7/3/2020.
After being at dealership for over 4 weeks when even Volvo Sweden could not fix the problems caused by the SOS button when pressed - all detailed in previous threads - car has now been returned and I have had refund of all monies paid plus £80.00 to retain my private number plate.
It has been an incredibly frustrating few months due to appalling service from dealership, Volvo customer services and Santander.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for your comments and advice.
I hope none of you have problems like mine.
If you do, I would suggest only communicate by email and take as many photos as possible. Despite many many promises of keeping me up to date or replying to comments they rarely happened from anyone. Be extremely polite at all times - not easy. Any faults that occur on your car, do a search and see how many others have had them and for how long.
If I’m allowed, I’d like to stay on the forum and dip in and out occasionally. Should anyone wish for any help please private message me as I won’t look at forum very much in the future.
It’s such a shame - if the car was as it should have been it ticked all the boxes and more.
I am fully aware of the many people who have had no problems with their XC40.
I wish you all many miles and years of enjoyable driving - I’m very jealous.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps

72 dudes

Post by 72 dudes »

All the best Squint and please do drop in occasionally .
What is your new car going to be?
T4 Inscription FWD, Denim Blue, blonde interior. Winter pack and rear view camera.
Delivered 10/03/20.
Fun car, 2006 Mercedes SLK 350
Business car, 2007 Mercedes A180 CDi
Advanced driver since 1985.
squint

Post by squint »

Many thanks.

Land Rover Range Evoque First Edition - I have told them if there is just one thing wrong in any aspect I'm not taking it!
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

What colour are you going for? Nolita grey?
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
squint

Post by squint »

Seoul Pearl Silver - you seem very knowledgeable!
UTC

Post by UTC »

squint wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:06 pm Seoul Pearl Silver - you seem very knowledgeable!
...or has access to the Internet
😀
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

squint wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:06 pm Seoul Pearl Silver - you seem very knowledgeable!
Well as a seasoned LR product owner I do try and keep up to date.. LR will probably be my next car too.

Hope you achieve get a car/dealer etc you are happy with this time 👍
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Lightning

Post by Lightning »

Range Rover Evoque is a lovely car, particularly the new version.
We test drove the previous version last week while looking for a car.
It’s worthwhile going on the factory tour, it’s very interesting and you never know you might even see your car getting built!
Every car has a customer, they only build to order. So each car on the line is different.
That would never have been possible without computerised production lines.
K854

Post by K854 »

wow think you may be going out of the frying pan and into the fire, we are currently looking at an XC40 to replace our evoque.
Whilst the LR is lovely to look at and drive it the most unreliable car we have ever owned and the dealer service has been shocking !
squint

Post by squint »

K854 wrote: Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:38 pm wow think you may be going out of the frying pan and into the fire, we are currently looking at an XC40 to replace our evoque.
Whilst the LR is lovely to look at and drive it the most unreliable car we have ever owned and the dealer service has been shocking !
Well, prior to the XC40 in every review I read it was almost top every time. On Facebook it just had rave reviews. Unfortunately I was not aware of this excellent forum. And then I got one. I visited several dealerships prior to purchase and the one I chose was by way the best by far - but then it was a disaster from the moment I collected it - handover should have taken one hour and a quarter- mine was over 4 hours due to mistakes. I have never had so many faults on a car. The dealership made so many mistakes - not just one person, but several from different departments - so many letters of apologies. Volvo customer service at head office just acted as a messenger - complete waste of time. I had 4 months of absolute frustration till car was rejected - multiple mistakes by the dealership and multiple problems with the car which of course was due to poor manufacturing by Volvo.
I am still amazed at the number of problems that appear on this forum.
I am also fully aware that most people use a forum as they are unhappy and there are many many XC40 owners who are perfectly happy.
Due to my XC40 experiences I have now enrolled on an Evoque forum - there are obviously some who have problems, but nowhere near the number of repeated problems that XC40 owners seem to have - and have been present for some time.
I have also read numerous reports of other poor Volvo dealerships- and some amazing ones.
I thought Land Rover dealerships would be far more professional - however not so. I have had some awful customer service from a couple. I keep thinking it must be me, but if I told you some of my experiences I’m sure you’d agree.
I have now found a dealership and sales person who so far have been exceptional- I just hope it continues after the sale which should be this week.
If my XC40 was as it should I’d have been so happy - it ticked every box and more.
I’m usually very excited when I get a new car - to be totally honest - after my XC40 experiences- I’m dreading it!!! Fingers crossed - and everything else that has the capability.
If you proceed with your purchase, I sincerely hope you’ll be very happy - and I’ll be very jealous. I have probably bored everyone on this forum with all my problems- but I have to say they are a great set of people.
Rather than bore them even more - if you would like any further information of all the problems please either look at my previous posts or private message me.