Car was keyed

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

Car keyed on drivers side by some reprobate in Tesco car park.
Can't look at my new car without feeling really sad.
Tesco security attendant was unhelpful but contacted the tesco helpline and the lady gave me details to request that the CCTV footage is kept at the store until my local police have looked at it. Not hopeful that the criminal will be caught in the act but if there is the slightest chance the scumbag is identified, I want them to be prosecuted so they can never do this ever again to anyone else.
I know its just a car and it can be sorted out, it doesn't make it right, to damage someone else's property is something I could never imagine doing and I feel violated.
I've contacted chips away, how much would something like that cost? Would put a photo up but I ended up including my location last time and don't know how to remove it.
PHEV Inscription auto/ denim blue/black interior/xenium, convenience, winter and intellisafe pro packs :D

Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

That's terrible, I can't imagine how pissed off I'd be.
I have a mate who sells BMWs who gets it all the time, hoped it would be better with a Volvo, maybe not. Hope you get it sorted.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

Thanks, was quoted £250 for the repair by chipsaway. Haven't got a choice really, so will have to pay for the damage to be repaired.

Paranoia setting in and I'm worried this could happen again,so open to suggestions on what I can do to reduce the risk of something like that happening again. Obviously, not going to my local Tesco again because they did nothing to help me afterward.
Would a dashcam be a deterrent for car vandals? Has anyone got suggestions for make of dashcam that would give a 360 view of the car and is easy to install.
PHEV Inscription auto/ denim blue/black interior/xenium, convenience, winter and intellisafe pro packs :D
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

Which Tesco's please?
jamie307

Post by jamie307 »

I can only suggest parking in a corner of the car park where there are no footpaths leading out. Also maybe shop at Waitrose, my local one tends to have more shiny and expensive Volvos than mine :|

Basically you don't want your car to stand out or be near where pedestrians will walk past it. :?
T3 Momentum Pro Auto MY20 - Thunder Grey - Intellisafe Surround - Winter Plus - 360 Camera - Tinted Windows - City Map inlays - Spare Wheel
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

Tesco Extra, Tiviot Way, Stockport .
ACertainAge

Post by ACertainAge »

pasti3008 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:55 am Tesco Extra, Tiviot Way, Stockport .
Thank you. So sorry to hear this, but after repair you will really enjoy your new car.
Shazzy

Post by Shazzy »

There’s very little you can do to stop this sort of thing, even if the person is shown on dashcam or CCTV it will only help if it’s a very clear picture for the matter to come to court.

Very sad xx
gt40

Post by gt40 »

jamie307 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:55 am Also maybe shop at Waitrose, my local one tends to have more shiny and expensive Volvos than mine :|
I'd never park my Volvo in our local Waitrose, as it attracts people in big cars that can't drive - I've had two cars done on the rear side panel, one as I watched. That was an old bloke in a 7 Series who hit my MX-5 and didn't even know he'd done it, and denied it until I pointed out his paint on my car and vice versa.

Waitrose drivers are absolutely the worst, luckily we have a pay car park next door to the Waitrose one which is far safer. Happy to pay 80p to shop in Waitrose.
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

gt40 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:04 pm
jamie307 wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:55 am Also maybe shop at Waitrose, my local one tends to have more shiny and expensive Volvos than mine :|
I'd never park my Volvo in our local Waitrose, as it attracts people in big cars that can't drive - I've had two cars done on the rear side panel, one as I watched. That was an old bloke in a 7 Series who hit my MX-5 and didn't even know he'd done it, and denied it until I pointed out his paint on my car and vice versa.

Waitrose drivers are absolutely the worst, luckily we have a pay car park next door to the Waitrose one which is far safer. Happy to pay 80p to shop in Waitrose.
Absolutely spot on. Haven’t taken our car into a supermarket car park since we got it. If there are no local spaces on the street then we don’t park and go home.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.