SECOND RECALL

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Just had a call from volvo assistance - was about to stop her and say i’d had the software done but she informed me that there are a small number of XC40’s missing bolts on the brake booster ! mine is affected (picked it up 6/3/2020) they offered a doorstep tech to do it but i’ll take it to the dealer.

squint

Post by squint »

billybobb2019 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:12 pm Just had a call from volvo assistance - was about to stop her and say i’d had the software done but she informed me that there are a small number of XC40’s missing bolts on the brake booster ! mine is affected (picked it up 6/3/2020) they offered a doorstep tech to do it but i’ll take it to the dealer.
I collected mine the day after you. According to Volvo web site recall section on inputting my VIN number there are no recalls due on my car - it was last refreshed yesterday.

Are you saying Volvo rang you on a Saturday afternoon and you hadn’t rung them first? - if so, that sounds serious does it not?
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

squint wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
billybobb2019 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:12 pm Just had a call from volvo assistance - was about to stop her and say i’d had the software done but she informed me that there are a small number of XC40’s missing bolts on the brake booster ! mine is affected (picked it up 6/3/2020) they offered a doorstep tech to do it but i’ll take it to the dealer.
I collected mine the day after you. According to Volvo web site recall section on inputting my VIN number there are no recalls due on my car - it was last refreshed yesterday.

Are you saying Volvo rang you on a Saturday afternoon and you hadn’t rung them first? - if so, that sounds serious does it not?
Squint - your car is the garage anyway. Get them to add it to the list....
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
squint

Post by squint »

Dermottdog wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:27 pm
squint wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm

Squint - your car is the garage anyway. Get them to add it to the list....
Oh you now know me so well!!

I'm just surprised that billybob2019 was called by Volvo - rather than a recall letter - and they offer to send someone round - that sounds serious to me - is his car safe to drive?
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

She assured me it was but when she said he was coming tomorrow! on a sunday i thought i’m not driving the thing till it’s been looked at! at first i thought it was a scam but i called them back and it’s legit

very worrying tbh
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

she said the reason they are offering a technician visit is because of the COVID situation- i’m actually worried it’s serious and they are not saying - she said it was a very small number have had the brake booster bolts attached correctly but it’s safe to drive
squint

Post by squint »

But you are still taking the car yourself to the dealer?
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

nope - i had second thoughts and the tech is coming tomorrow now- sunday on a BH weekend ! nice money if you can make it !
squint

Post by squint »

Out of interest I am going to ring Volvo assistance now - I know my car is in the garage but I am very curious
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

i went on the volvo recall page and there are 2 but doesn’t say - as said had the software done last week so must be new....and maybe serious!