Poor AC

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hey

Few people on FB are reporting very poor AC temperature levels. Mines fine. This is just a bit of heads up info. Apparently, there’s a recall. Anyone else heard this?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

Bizarro

Post by Bizarro »

You can check if there's a recall by entering your VIN on the official Volvo Recall site.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Not heard of this issue before or about a recall. Very happy with my A/C
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
GCxc40

Post by GCxc40 »

Out today and tried AC for first time.

Doesn’t work....at all

Set temp at low on climate control with AC on and recirculating on and fan turns up to fast but just pushes the warm air around faster.

Disappointed that this happens now as getting to service appointments is such a performance in lockdown.

Anyone else had this problem?
T4 FWD Inscription ,Xenium Pack,Intellisafe,Winter Pack,Towbar, Glacier Silver
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

I have used it a couple of times, it's not the best (My old focus could freeze the nuts off a snowman) but it certainly works and cools the interior down quick enough. Just set the temp to low for both sides and airflow left on auto. Started to get condensation on the metal vents as they were freezing to the touch.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

On FB, one after another reporting just barely cold air. These reports are coming from cars only recently picked up. I gave them the old ‘reduced A/C in ECO drive mode’ chestnut but they appear to be driving in comfort.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

Granted the A/C doesn't blast you with cold air initially unless you change the settings. But I find it effective at keeping the car cool. It does seem to work differently to other cars I've had but it still does it effectively.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Bizarro

Post by Bizarro »

You wouldn't want to have recirculation set to ON. That stops air from entering the car, and at least on my previous car would stop AC from working.

Haven't tried recirc ON with my Volvo but would expect it to be the same.

I set my temp at 22 and leave it at that. If it's colder it warms up, and if it's hotter it cools down - works just fine.

Recirc set to OFF, obviously ,😀
Deleted User 2504

Post by Deleted User 2504 »

I had the emergency braking software recall done on Monday and they did the the A/C recall at the same time. Took about 2 hours.

There was no letter about the A/C recall, they informed me when I booked it in.
GCxc40

Post by GCxc40 »

UPDATE.

Talked to the service people at the dealers and it’s to be fixed when I have the brake recall done this Friday.

Apparently there is a new recall for this AC issue.

The Service Manager told me that the system was over pressurised and they would re gas it to the correct pressure to fix.

In these lockdown days they tell me that I drive in and remain in the car throughout the whole thing.
T4 FWD Inscription ,Xenium Pack,Intellisafe,Winter Pack,Towbar, Glacier Silver