Home Country

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hey

During another chat on map updates, it was said or suggested that if you select a certain country as your home country, then when an updates become available, you would only get notifications related to the country designated as the home country. Is this in fact correct? If so, how do I assign the UK as my home?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Page 28 of the sensus navigation manual gives the detail. In fact you select a region rather than a country. UK comes under North west Europe which is UK Ireland and Iceland. Select it as your home region from the download centre as per the manual.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Skyrimmer, thanks. However, I don’t have a Sensus navigation manual. Only literature I have is the service book, a quick start guide and a slim version of the full manual. Is it online?
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Skyrimmer, don’t worry, I’ve find the manual and popped it my home screen of the iPad. Thanks.
blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

blastpipe wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 8:19 pm Sensus manual

https://az685612.vo.msecnd.net/pdfs/700 ... P26610.pdf
Thanks. So, if I’m reading this right, I go on the download centre and select my region. When I’ve done that, the car will only automatically download the selected region when updates become available? I’ve just done an update to a USB stick for Northern Europe (this includes the UK I think) and it was just over 2GB. I haven’t used much of the free 100GB so I can afford to lose it.

57B187B0-4FC0-42E2-A202-EF166DABDAE4.jpeg

Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

You will only get reminders for your home region. But if there are updates for other regions you can select them individually for upload if you want to. All done from the same screen which I did photograph in the previous thread on this subject.
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Blast pipe and Skyrimmer thank you. That’s perfect. 👌
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Hi

So I downloaded the UK to a USB. Inserted it into car and got a little blue circle rotating. Not knowing what to do next, I went into the download centre and clicked install on the North Europe option. It then started the download. Got to 100% eventually but then it stayed on 100%. Is it meant to say complete or something ? Your inputs would be great. Thanks.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

Mine said something about turning off the engine and leaving the car to complete the process. If you go into the maps section of the download centre and the install option for north west Europe is greyed out, that means the latest update is installed.