What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Gears wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:08 am
Trafford wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:51 am what are the winglets for?
Regulations state the wheels & tyres are not allowed to protrude outside of the bodywork at any point. The winglets are to "extend" the bodywork to stay within these regulations. Many other cars have them - my Ford Fiesta for example.

So you’re saying that this bloke needs winglets then?

833D5407-340D-4A8C-B9E4-DB9E0384E42E.jpeg

R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.

aj05

Post by aj05 »

Found car shuts it self down to standby mode to save battery. Every thing comes back on when engine started up first time used for about 18 days for a trip to doctor for prescription and supermarket for top up. Had car nearly 12mnths and have only done 3500milage due to back injury and now lockdown My friends wife took delivery of her new car 2 days before lockdown been on drive ever since gonna be a lot of low milage cars around this year
Deleted User 2490

Post by Deleted User 2490 »

After struggling to wash the top of the car for months - I'm 5' 9' and always needed a step ladder to stand on - I had a brainwave today!

I simply open the doors, stand on the sill, and sponge the roof and top of windscreen. Easy, safe and so simple.

Just have to remember to shut the doors before turning on the hose 😀.

Feel a bit stupid I didn't think of this from day one !!
Deleted User 2490

aj05 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:31 am Found car shuts it self down to standby mode to save battery. Every thing comes back on when engine started up first time used for about 18 days for a trip to doctor for prescription and supermarket for top up. Had car nearly 12mnths and have only done 3500milage due to back injury and now lockdown My friends wife took delivery of her new car 2 days before lockdown been on drive ever since gonna be a lot of low milage cars around this year
The standby mode happens after 5 days of inactivity.
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

I just found out that the sunroof opens only 90% with one click, and needs another click to open 100%
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

ThunderGrey wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:21 pm After struggling to wash the top of the car for months - I'm 5' 9' and always needed a step ladder to stand on - I had a brainwave today!

I simply open the doors, stand on the sill, and sponge the roof and top of windscreen. Easy, safe and so simple.

Just have to remember to shut the doors before turning on the hose 😀.

Feel a bit stupid I didn't think of this from day one !!
The people at the Serbian customs used the sill to check my roofbox contents :lol:
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

Gears wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:08 am
Trafford wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:51 am what are the winglets for?
Regulations state the wheels & tyres are not allowed to protrude outside of the bodywork at any point. The winglets are to "extend" the bodywork to stay within these regulations. Many other cars have them - my Ford Fiesta for example.
a fantastic idea, we have to admit that
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

My solution to washing the car roof is to use a folding step-up from Screwfix (easier to move around than a step ladder) and a soft water-fed car wash brush from Hoselock which has a 70cm pole. This has a detergent dispenser which can be turned on or off as required so it can be used for an initial rinse, soap and final rinse. I can just about reach the centre of the roof for final drying by hand.
Check these websites: https://www.hozelock.com/product/medium-car-brush-plus/
https://www.screwfix.com/p/polypropylen ... grey/5076p
Deleted User 2490

WelshRobin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:48 am My solution to washing the car roof is to use a folding step-up from Screwfix (easier to move around than a step ladder) and a soft water-fed car wash brush from Hoselock which has a 70cm pole. This has a detergent dispenser which can be turned on or off as required so it can be used for an initial rinse, soap and final rinse. I can just about reach the centre of the roof for final drying by hand.
Yes, good products. I used both or similar items for the past few months. Now use neither, just open the doors and step up on the sill. I use a sponge.
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

ThunderGrey wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:26 pm
WelshRobin wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:48 am My solution to washing the car roof is to use a folding step-up from Screwfix (easier to move around than a step ladder) and a soft water-fed car wash brush from Hoselock which has a 70cm pole. This has a detergent dispenser which can be turned on or off as required so it can be used for an initial rinse, soap and final rinse. I can just about reach the centre of the roof for final drying by hand.
Yes, good products. I used both or similar items for the past few months. Now use neither, just open the doors and step up on the sill. I use a sponge.
No, no, no!!!!

The 101 of cleaning a car is never, ever use a sponge. Things have moved on a tad. A lambs wool mit is a must. A sponge was how cars were washed in the early eighties. Now since your stuck in a time warp, go inside and pour yourself a glass of Blue Nun😂😂
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.