What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
WelshRobin

Post by WelshRobin »

Thanks for that. I have been searching the manual diligently without finding this important step. The Volvo manuals are generally very good but some features are either overlooked or only accessible by another path!

Sps1999

Post by Sps1999 »

DarrenF wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:01 pm
That's where I keep my rugs and driven through some awful rain in the last couple of months and they are still very dry.
Thanks, it did found odd. I will check in with the dealer.
Trafford

Post by Trafford »

PreservedKillick wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:01 am I noticed in a reflection from a shop window, that the white ‘Hammer’ running lights turn yellow when indicating.

The rear wheel arches have small ‘winglets’.

The tyres are Pirelli P Zero where I expected then to be Pirelli Scorpions.
what are the winglets for?
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Trafford wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:51 am
PreservedKillick wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:01 am I noticed in a reflection from a shop window, that the white ‘Hammer’ running lights turn yellow when indicating.

Aerodynamics of course. They removed them on Lewis Hamilton’s Mercedes because they gave him too much of an advantage 😜
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Trafford wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:51 am

Just design detail I think. My neighbour's Evoque has similar.

As regards tyres, it's usually what they can get the best deal they can from the tyre manufacture. Sometimes end of line as I've found more than once when trying to get matching replacements.
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
squint

Post by squint »

DarrenF wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:38 pm
Premium wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:57 pm That if you use the dashboard ticket holder you need to be careful. Placed my car park ticket in the top of dashboard holder (piece of "premium" bendy plastic) the ticket fell out, lost forever between the dash and window.
Next time I'll place the pay and display ticket on the large dashboard.
Used my ticket holder a few times now - no way it will slip out. Suggest you get it checked out as I have not heard of anyone else having problems.
Just happened to me when using it for the first time!! Dealership assured me it won't be a problem.
Regretfully rejected R Design, Glacier Silver, T4 Auto FWD Convenience Pack, Front Park Assist,Power Glass Tilt & Slide,Smartphone Integration,Winter Pack, Mudflaps
WhatNext?

Post by WhatNext? »

Apart from having to buy another parking ticket😀.

I understand that the ticket holder is no longer available in the MY2021 version of the car.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

squint wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:37 pm
DarrenF wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:38 pm
Premium wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:57 pm That if you use the dashboard ticket holder you need to be careful. Placed my car park ticket in the top of dashboard holder (piece of "premium" bendy plastic) the ticket fell out, lost forever between the dash and window.
Next time I'll place the pay and display ticket on the large dashboard.
Used my ticket holder a few times now - no way it will slip out. Suggest you get it checked out as I have not heard of anyone else having problems.
Just happened to me when using it for the first time!! Dealership assured me it won't be a problem.
Really strange as I just had to empty the bin (before lockdown) as it was full of pay and display tickets ('parking ticket' makes me have bad dreams) and still never had one slip out.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

Bluetooth.

Found this neat function this morning. I was listening to a podcast on my iPhone via wireless earphones (connected by Bluetooth). On returning to the car, the podcast automatically switched to the cars infotainment system. Neat.

BTW - The winglets on the rear wheel arches act as air brakes during landing 😂
XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar
Gears

Post by Gears »

Trafford wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:51 am what are the winglets for?
Regulations state the wheels & tyres are not allowed to protrude outside of the bodywork at any point. The winglets are to "extend" the bodywork to stay within these regulations. Many other cars have them - my Ford Fiesta for example.