Glasses Holder

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Hi, Hope this is of interest. I saw on the My Volvo site that glasses holders are currently on offer for £25. So I ordered one as I’ve found it handy for sunglasses storage in past Volvo’s. I was delighted when the Local dealer called me to confirmed the order & said that will be £7 sir. I collected later that day and was charged £7. Winner!!

Capture.PNG

blastpipe

Post by blastpipe »

I fitted one of these. Great items especially at that price. I saved by using a UK Volvo dealer on eBay.
T4 Auto AWD R Design March 2019
Bernard Bernardsson

Post by Bernard Bernardsson »

Just heads up, got a Volvo march accessories offers email yesterday, glasses holder for £25, I'd been looking for these as my two previous cars had built in ones behind, (or in front of?), the rear view mirror. Thought to myself, I'd go for it at that price, as I'd not seen them anywhere cheaper. So I rang this morning, the parts guy confirmed the car and colour etc, the said that was the "fitted" price and they were only £4.70, to buy as a part...
So, I thought??? I'll have 2, one for my prescription glasses, and one for my prescription sunglasses. He duly informed me he'd order them today, and they'd be here by 3pm. So I went for them expecting to be told it was a mistake, but no, two of 'em for £9.19, not sure how that works out, but I'm definitely not complaining! Offers on 'til the end of April. Mind you, feeling flush I've ordered one of the cleaning kits that's on offer too, fool and his money etc 😂😂.
Im not looking at the pillows 🤔, or the roof boxes in case I buy something else, I don't need.
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
Ordered 14th Feb, delivery down as 29th May😞
Delivered, 1st September 20, now climate pack :D
Atlantic Lipsalve

Post by Atlantic Lipsalve »

Ahh, that's what the safety systems are for! As you reach across for your glasses on the passenger side the car keeps you centred in the lane and stops if someone steps out 🙂.
Bernard Bernardsson

Ill find out tomorrow, and give some feedback, mind you the car won't go over 112 mph, so it's not much of challenge for intellisafe...
What could possibly go wrong🤔🤔
D4 Inscription, Denim Blue, Blond, wiv winter pack, rear camera, spare wheel, and a towbar.
pjm007

Post by pjm007 »

:cry:
Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:10 pm Just heads up, got a Volvo march accessories offers email yesterday, glasses holder for £25, I'd been looking for these as my two previous cars had built in ones behind, (or in front of?), the rear view mirror. Thought to myself, I'd go for it at that price, as I'd not seen them anywhere cheaper. So I rang this morning, the parts guy confirmed the car and colour etc, the said that was the "fitted" price and they were only £4.70, to buy as a part...
So, I thought??? I'll have 2, one for my prescription glasses, and one for my prescription sunglasses. He duly informed me he'd order them today, and they'd be here by 3pm. So I went for them expecting to be told it was a mistake, but no, two of 'em for £9.19, not sure how that works out, but I'm definitely not complaining! Offers on 'til the end of April. Mind you, feeling flush I've ordered one of the cleaning kits that's on offer too, fool and his money etc 😂😂.
Im not looking at the pillows 🤔, or the roof boxes in case I buy something else, I don't need.

Thanks for this tip. My dealer has confirmed the same and ordered two for me. 👍☺️
Two XC40s - so far! Inscription Pro T5 AWD Auto - Glacier Silver/Blond/21”, fully loaded, from Jan thro Sep 2021. Polestarred. :) Also one of the first FEs - a D4 AWD Auto - Bursting Blue/Charcoal/20" from Mar thro Aug 2018. Also Polestarred. :o
Bernard Bernardsson

You're welcome pj, it's one of the things I like about this forum, tips like this and the what have you found out thread, I've learnt loads of stuff on that 😁😁
Raymondo111

Post by Raymondo111 »

Bernard Bernardsson wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:16 pm You're welcome pj, it's one of the things I like about this forum, tips like this and the what have you found out thread, I've learnt loads of stuff on that 😁😁
Hi could you please let me know if these will fit a MY21 XC40, I did a search through a catalogue that I found online and it seemed to indicate that these wouldn't fit? Have you managed to fit yours yet and could you please confirm the Volvo part number that was supplied, I am looking for the blond version.

Thanks,
Bernard Bernardsson

IMG_20210311_110059.jpg

Yup, I've fitted them, a bit awkward, but if you are careful, it's not too hard, just fiddly. Mine are the blond ones, part number 1281823. Fitted to a MY21 registered Sept 20. You just reuse the bolts from the handl you remove, it's a 7mm head best used with a screwdriver type handle. Tip, the covers flap down to hold the glasses case open👍.
I did wonder if they were right as the "base", that the screws pass through are thicker than on the handles, but I'm sure volvo know what they are doing. It just stands the case off about 3mm, at the hinged side, but you can't see it, I'm guessing it's to give more room for yer bins. Just be careful easing the handles off as they have the flaps, like on the glasses case, which are tucked behind the headlining. (that's the awkward bit, when you're refitting the cases.). Pic below for reference 😁, actually.... It's pic above 😂😂, let a numpty loose on a smartphone what do you expect!
Bernard Bernardsson

P. S, the dealer will ask for your car details, just ask for the current offer on the glasses case I'm sure if there was a problem they'd tell you.
Good luck.