What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Jazmarti

Post by Jazmarti »

If you press and hold the cruise button it will increase by 1 progressively , if you press it quickly once it will increase by 5.
Onyx black, winter pack,

Gasps

Post by Gasps »

Jazmarti wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:16 pm If you press and hold the cruise button it will increase by 1 progressively , if you press it quickly once it will increase by 5.

I'd recommend reading this thread from the beginning 😀
Deleted User 2558

Post by Deleted User 2558 »

Until today I hadn't realised the cruise control uses the gearbox to slow down.

In my previous manual box car the cruise control would use the accelerator to maintain the speed. Ok for the flat or going uphill but on a long decent the car could, and did, exceed the previously set speed.

My auto box XC40 uses its gears to drop gears to engine brake on a long decent to maintain its cruise control speed. Impressed!
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Hi all, collected my new inscription Pro T4 yesterday, really, really enjoying the toys. One thing I find disappointing it the low level of heat from the electric front seats, when on level 3 they compare to level 1 (just about warm at best) On my previous xc60. Has anyone had a similar issue? Had them on for a good 20 mins.
PS. I got a screen protector from Amazon for around a fiver, they are great, now no finger prints and the sensitivity is not impacted.
Regards Mark.
Bob

Post by Bob »

Certainly not, I never put my seat above 1, except when it is extremely cold and then it is returned to 1 within 5 minutes or so. If I have it any hotter I'd be cooking!
Ordered 24th February 2018: XC40, FE, T5, Crystal White, Lava Interior (additional black carpets), 19" wheels, mud flaps, Tow Bar, Polestar, was expected June/July, then 1st October.
Finally took delivery on 16th October 2018. 8-)
Deleted User 2446

Hi Bob, good info thankyou. I’ll ring Volvo on Monday and get it booked in.
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

The vehicle owners manual has an App.

Just downloaded it from the App Store or from within the Volvo Oncall widget:
‘Volvo Oncall’ - ‘Car’ - ‘Open the Manual’: the link directs to the ‘App Store’

It has interactive hotspots and is a good addition to the vehicles old school real handbook, the on screen car manual and the downloadable PDF.
XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Mark123 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:50 pm Hi all, collected my new inscription Pro T4 yesterday, really, really enjoying the toys. One thing I find disappointing it the low level of heat from the electric front seats, when on level 3 they compare to level 1 (just about warm at best) On my previous xc60. Has anyone had a similar issue? Had them on for a good 20 mins.
PS. I got a screen protector from Amazon for around a fiver, they are great, now no finger prints and the sensitivity is not impacted.
Regards Mark.
Mark123, I had a similar issue on my drivers seat (passenger seat was fine). I thought to myself that the seat heat is crap and only feels mildly warm. It was in fact not working at all. The warmth I felt was from my own body heat😊. Anyway, the heater element was found to be at fault. Took 2 and half days at the dealers to fix and replace (they’d never done one before and it was a learning curve). The heater now works but isn’t as as good as my previous car.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
Deleted User 2446

Thanks Dermottdog, I’ll be ringing the dealer in the morning to book it in.
olderbutnotwiser

Post by olderbutnotwiser »

Just taken delivery of my T3 inscription, on Saturday.

3 things I found out :-

1 / There is no wee handy bin thing in the center console ( is that a cost saving ? )
2 / The auto wipers are very low sensitivity. even at full "raindrops" the wipers won't go on a continuous wipe.
3 / Although the car will avoid a collision and try and steer round a potential accident, the cruise control doesn't have adaptive distance control.

Loving it apart from that. :)