What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
PreservedKillick

Post by PreservedKillick »

The Key can be stored securely in the rear of the cup-holder!

A08C6ED8-2A3A-4600-BD1E-3346C90C5EFE.jpeg

XC40 T5 R Design Pro AWD Polestar

Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

The side mirrors dim!!

Haven’t noticed this for the last year but tonight I noticed that there is about a 5mm band round the outside of the mirror that doesn’t dim but the whole middle bit does. I knew the inside mirror dimmed but not the side mirrors 😀
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred
abby606

Post by abby606 »

Had my first Slippery Road Alert - the feature where other Volvo's communicate road conditions to each other and you get a little warning icon on the speedo to warn you. The road wasn't slippy but I thought it was cool!
Deleted User 2478

Post by Deleted User 2478 »

I have automatic driver seat heating set up in settings, when I turn on the engine, my seat heating also turns on. Today, on a warm spring day, automatic seat heating didn't turn on, meaning it's correlated with outside temperature measurement. Does anyone know what's the temperature threshold for this function?
Rifleman

Post by Rifleman »

xrq42 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:31 pm I have automatic driver seat heating set up in settings, when I turn on the engine, my seat heating also turns on. Today, on a warm spring day, automatic seat heating didn't turn on, meaning it's correlated with outside temperature measurement. Does anyone know what's the temperature threshold for this function?
Trigger point on my car is 9deg C
XC40 | First Edition | 2.0 D4 AWD | Bursting Blue | 19" wheels | Ordered 11/03/18 | Delivered 19th October 2018.
gtest

Post by gtest »

xrq42 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:31 pm I have automatic driver seat heating set up in settings, when I turn on the engine, my seat heating also turns on. Today, on a warm spring day, automatic seat heating didn't turn on, meaning it's correlated with outside temperature measurement. Does anyone know what's the temperature threshold for this function?
Yes under 10 Celsius it is activated.
Xc40 T4 R-d (Nov 2018)
adiehitch

Post by adiehitch »

Just found out that when you set the heated seats and wheel to automatic they do not come on if the out side temp is above 10c.
At first I thought my car was faulty.
Reg Istered

Post by Reg Istered »

PreservedKillick wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:06 pm The Key can be stored securely in the rear of the cup-holder!
Best advice/tip I've read on this forum. Use it all the time.
Gasps

Post by Gasps »

I'm on holiday at the moment and my car has been parked up since last Friday at the local carpark. Today my Volvo On Call App is telling me that the car has entered a Standby mode to save battery.

The actual wording in the app is "Car is in standby. Commands make take up to an hour to arrive because your car has gone into standby to save battery. Start your car manually to leave standby mode".

A new experience for me and something I've just found out.
Jazmarti

Post by Jazmarti »

If you press and hold the cruise button it will increase by 1 progressively , if you press it quickly once it will increase by .
Onyx black, winter pack,