Twin engine delivery today

Post pictures of your Volvo XC40 here
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

:roll:
Last edited by pasti3008 on Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PHEV Inscription auto/ denim blue/black interior/xenium, convenience, winter and intellisafe pro packs :D

pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

Received my car today. Pleased with the drive. Very quiet. Struggling to register with the VOC app, so contacted dealer to sort out and not able to get on the internet ( Vodafone sim card installed) and spotify was working initially but for some reason won't work now.
If anyone can help please direct me to the right feed. Thanks
PHEV Inscription auto/ denim blue/black interior/xenium, convenience, winter and intellisafe pro packs :D
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

BTW as you can see no bin where the space is beside the cup holder. I purchased the convenience pack but the boot storage doesn't fold up as in the normal combustion engines.
MoosePT

Post by MoosePT »

Lovely thing, @pasti3008!
How about power/torque and fuel consumption?

Can't wait to get mine :!:
Inscription T5 TwEn in Onyx Black - Business Pro Pack, Park Assist Pack, Fog Lights - Order placed: September 2019 // Delivery Date: April 3rd 2020
Deleted User 2446

Post by Deleted User 2446 »

Very nice, & great pictures!
I collect my T4 inscription Pro in around 2 weeks. One concern (Please tell me if I'm been anal) How are the leather seats for creases. I've seen some really poor examples in the Volvo showroom. My xc60 which I've just sold had perfect seats after 85k. I'm not total convinced by the XC40 seat quality. Would love to hear owners views, please.
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

Hello MoosePT and Mark123!
I'm happy so far. The steering is really light, it's very responsive when you literally touch the accelerator, it feels very powerful because of the twin engine.
I'm not so au fait with car terms, but this is my initial impression of the car.

Too early to comment on fuel consumption as all I have done today is a quick trip to the shops and the school run, <16 miles. I do more city driving so hoping that I will save on petrol and help to reduce my carbon footprint!

With regards to the seats, I think someone commented that the seats get wrinkly over time and require some leather cleaning solution to help retain the moisture.

What I have noticed is an occasional hissing sound, too early to say what that relates to and when turning the steering wheel for sharp turns, the engine makes a creaking sound, it might be because it's new and I will keep an eye on it.
Reg Istered

Post by Reg Istered »

Hi Pasti3008, I have sent you a personal message which I don't think you have read as yet.