spare wheel retainer replacement

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
glider26

Post by glider26 »

Hi,

I do not own an XC40 but one of our local friends does (2018 model). Yesterday she asked that I replace a wheel on it with the spare wheel so that she could have a punctured tyre replaced. I mistakenly tried to loosen the bracket that holds the spare from the bolt below it rather than the top one in the boot, and as a result the cable in the spare wheel retaining device snapped. I would like to replace it but have had no success in finding the spare online. Perhaps because I don’t know what it is called? I searched bracket, retainer, cable, bolt, etc but no joy. Can anyone help me source this part please?

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Trip to the dealership perhaps the way forward. You can look at the screen with the parts team and identify it.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
glider26

Post by glider26 »

Thanks. To save a trip to the dealership (and their fees), if anyone has any idea what the part is called or even better a link to an online option, I’d appreciate it. In twenty years of car ownership I’ve generally been able to source everything I needed online.
Peter G

Post by Peter G »

2018 XC40 D4 AWD AUT Black Onyx Momentum First Mover
glider26

Post by glider26 »

Cheers. Anybody know what keywords to use to search for the part? I don’t know what it’s called.
Deleted User 2501

Post by Deleted User 2501 »

Dealer would be best. I doubt there'd be any fees/payment to ID and pick a part.