What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

Premium wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:57 pm That if you use the dashboard ticket holder you need to be careful. Placed my car park ticket in the top of dashboard holder (piece of "premium" bendy plastic) the ticket fell out, lost forever between the dash and window.
Next time I'll place the pay and display ticket on the large dashboard.
Used my ticket holder a few times now - no way it will slip out. Suggest you get it checked out as I have not heard of anyone else having problems.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.

Premium

Post by Premium »

DarrenF wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:38 pm
Premium wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:57 pm That if you use the dashboard ticket holder you need to be careful. Placed my car park ticket in the top of dashboard holder (piece of "premium" bendy plastic) the ticket fell out, lost forever between the dash and window.
Next time I'll place the pay and display ticket on the large dashboard.
Used my ticket holder a few times now - no way it will slip out. Suggest you get it checked out as I have not heard of anyone else having problems.

Doesn't really matter if yours works fine and there are no other instances reported. Mine has today let a ticket slip through it's grip. It's just a piece of bendy plastic that friction holds a ticket to the windscreen.
Hardly a fault I'm likely to report.
It's simply a case of something I've found out about my XC40 today, as per the thread's title.
I can live with it.
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

:roll:
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
portentous divine

Post by portentous divine »

Just washed it today. And realise I need to buy myself a stepladder or stool 😀
Handyman

Post by Handyman »

PeeBee wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:17 pm The car has very sharp plastic edges in places. Bottom of door, door frame, edges of rear lights. Poor quality plastic moulds and processes. Never had anything as poor quality as this in my previous car (VW Golf). Passenger cut her calf on the door's sharp point getting out of the car the other day.
Thanks for information, I must admit I hadn't noticed the problem even after I'd given the car several hand washers.
Just checked the doors and a rub with fine sandpaper removed the sharp point. Bit of preventive maintenance.
Hendrix

Post by Hendrix »

Just realised it has suit jacket hooks (at least, I assume this is what they are) on the inside of the rear door openings (the rear edge of the B pillars, about 3/4 of the way up the door opening).
T4 Fusion Red Momentum with Technology Pack (ACC, Pilot Assist, 360 camera, Park Assist Pilot).
Wedgie

Post by Wedgie »

Just had the first full service. They must have done a software update because the screen information has changed. Where on my screen it used to have a "ready" symbol for the auto stop feature. This has now changed to an "A" symbol.
Toasted

Post by Toasted »

If you send multiple locations from the VOC app to the car's satnav only the last location sent actually gets through to the car.
Ian333

Post by Ian333 »

In Polestar mode and manual mode ( on the automatic gearbox)... if you floor the throttle past the ‘click’ at the bottom, you can’t select the next gear using the paddles until you hit the red line and then it changes itself.

If you floor the throttle to just before the ‘click’ you can change up when you want but not if you ‘click’

I thought this was strange but guess it thinks you want to go as quickly as possible if you ‘click’ so does what it does!
Ordered T5 R-Design Pro with most of the bells and whistles in early May ‘18 and received delivery at end of Jan ‘19
Very Happy 😃... especially now it’s Polestarred
Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Ian333 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:21 pm In Polestar mode and manual mode ( on the automatic gearbox)... if you floor the throttle past the ‘click’ at the bottom, you can’t select the next gear using the paddles until you hit the red line and then it changes itself.

If you floor the throttle to just before the ‘click’ you can change up when you want but not if you ‘click’

I thought this was strange but guess it thinks you want to go as quickly as possible if you ‘click’ so does what it does!
I think I read somewhere that, because Volvo is a ‘safety aware brand’, the click is a switch at the bottom end of the accelerator pedal which sends a text to the local police station advising them that there is a bloke in the area that keeps flooring it😜
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.