What have you just found out about your XC40.

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

ciuncky wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:12 pm
Klanky wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:15 pm Changing the intermittent wiper setting on the RH stalk appears to change the sensitivity of the automatic wipers.

Failing that am I imagiining this?
That's exactly what that is for. However the symbol on it is counter-intuitive.
More rain drops (3) means it'll wipe faster (higher intensity)
While less drops (1) means it'll wipe at a slower rate

It seems this rate is also correlated to driving speed
Makes sense to me!

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.

Klanky

Post by Klanky »

It's one of the features I really like along with the swivelling headlichts when you turn the steering wheel
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

I have just found out the 360 camera is actually created by satellites in space - I know this is true as my wife told me and as every husbands knows they are never wrong.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
gt40

Post by gt40 »

DarrenF wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:39 pm I have just found out the 360 camera is actually created by satellites in space - I know this is true as my wife told me and as every husbands knows they are never wrong.
😂
T4 R Design FWD in Thunder Grey, with Intellisafe Pro, Winter & Convenience packs plus a few bits & pieces - arrived Sept '19
Gears

Post by Gears »

Tangsoodo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:37 pm Just found out that if in cruise control when you press the up down buttons the speed increases by 1mph at lower speeds but when you are cruising at 70-80 then each press jumps the speed in approx 5mph increments. Nice if over taking at higher speeds
At higher speeds, long-pressing the + or - buttons will make it go in 1mph increments as well.
gabes1982

Post by gabes1982 »

I just realise the other day modern Volvo doesn't have any engine or oil temperature gauge.
Current chariot - XC40 R-Design Black Stone
Gone but not forgotten - Peugeot 306xt, Polo Gti 6R, Megane RS265 Cup
ChrisLF

Post by ChrisLF »

Opened the bonnet for the first time yesterday and found that it is held down by a catch each side. Holds it down nice and snug but only one released the first time. Took a couple more pulls of the lever to get both to release.

I hope it's not going to cause any problems.

Chris
2023 B4 Plus Dark FWD in Silver Dawn. Tinted Rear Windows. Spare Wheel & Tow Bar dealer fitted.

Gone - 2019 T4 R-Design FWD in Bursting Blue. Winter & Convenience Packs, Power Seat, Front Park Assist, Rear Camera, Spare Wheel & Tow Bar.
michael123

Post by michael123 »

DarrenF wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:39 pm I have just found out the 360 camera is actually created by satellites in space - I know this is true as my wife told me and as every husbands knows they are never wrong.
I've just found that this camera is not so excellent in the rain - the point is that rain drops are keeping just around these cameras on the side mirrors and the image is quite distorted.
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

michael123 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:47 pm
I've just found that this camera is not so excellent in the rain - the point is that rain drops are keeping just around these cameras on the side mirrors and the image is quite distorted.
I have used mine in the rain and never had any problems - how heavy was the rain?
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
Premium

Post by Premium »

That if you use the dashboard ticket holder you need to be careful. Placed my car park ticket in the top of dashboard holder (piece of "premium" bendy plastic) the ticket fell out, lost forever between the dash and window.
Next time I'll place the pay and display ticket on the large dashboard.