T3 Oil level

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
NO_XC40_YET

Post by NO_XC40_YET »

Anyone had to add oil to a T3, ours in showing add 1 litre and on minimum level after 7000 miles. Its never been driven hard.
Does this seem right?

Dermottdog

Post by Dermottdog »

Perhaps it’s still bedding in. Our Mini JCW and the Cooper S before that ‘drank oil’. According to BMW Mini, adding up to 1 litre of oil every 1000 miles was acceptable. It was Castrol Edge fully synthetic too, so not cheap.
R Design Pro T5 AWD in Crystal White. Convenience Pack, Front Parking and Apple Car. Couldn’t afford anything else!! Arriving late September 2019.
K1t

Post by K1t »

NO_XC40_YET wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:11 pm Anyone had to add oil to a T3, ours in showing add 1 litre and on minimum level after 7000 miles. Its never been driven hard.
Does this seem right?
My T3 has just completed 900mls and is showing a 'marked' drop in oil level as per the 'car status' report :o Its not flashing up any warnings yet, but it must now be close to a 'top-up' warning! I nipped in to see my parts person at the volvo dealer and purchased, an emergency, 1ltr. bottle of Volvo`s own VCC-RBSO-2AE SAE0W-20 synthecic oil as a 'just-in-case' and at a reasonable price of £8.64. Interestingly I found out that although Volvo seems to spec. Castrol Edge Pro 'V' 0W-20, this particular Volvo dealer, if you want to buy 'top-up' oil sizes, can only sell you Volvo`s own oil (as above) but when I asked what oil do they use as 'bulk' in the workshop for servicing, its.......Shell Helix! :roll: .........so you pays your money etc, etc.
XC40 T3 R-Design (as it comes, no frills) FWD, Manual, my2020, 163bhp, Crystal White, Tempa Spare Wheel Kit, Folding boot floor, Sunglasses Holder. Paintwork/Trim sealed with Zirconite Quartz Nano Coating, Park assist camera kit (self fit)
Happningj

Post by Happningj »

Mine has now done 5000 and is near the bottom of the ladder. I’m a veteran of the Audi TFSI oil scandal of 10 years ago so I’m hoping it’s not history repeating itself.......
XC40 T3 Inscription | Glacier Silver | Charcoal
Perky

Post by Perky »

You can purchase the Castrol Edge Professional V from Castrol Ambassador in the UK directly; £16 for 1 litre including delivery. Worth keeping 1 litre at home or in the car if planning a long dive.
T4 AWD Oct 2019