Xc40 Momentum Pro- Parking Climate

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

Hi,

Does anyone know if the xc40 Momentum Pro has parking climate as standard.

I don’t know if it does, but I can say it is not working.
I thought this was a standard feature on Volvo cars.

Please help ASAP.

Thanks.

Blue Velvet
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)

Paulinyork

Post by Paulinyork »

In the UK the only thing the parking climate does is blow whatever air is outside the car into the car. There is not heating, or cooling of the air.

If you have an automatic car then you can start the engine(and any cooling/heating) via the on call app.
T4 FWD R Design in Thunder Grey. Winter Pack, Reversing Camera.
Christ, Options are expensive!!
OneOff

Post by OneOff »

In certain other countries, not UK, the car has a dedicated heater that doesn't rely on the engine running. In the UK the heater isn't present and all the Parking Climate does is as "paulinyork" says. The app does tell you the temperature at the cars position which is quite handy !!

As is mentioned by paulinyork the other function on the app is "Remote Start". This is useful to defrost the car in the morning. But it does rely on the app autostarting the engine. So you need to be in the cars locale for safety's sake. The car can switch on for between 5 and 15mins. I've found this week that about 10mins does the trick with all windows/mirrors defrosted. The start/stop facility is only present on auto gearbox cars for obvious reasons.
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

Paulinyork wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:49 pm In the UK the only thing the parking climate does is blow whatever air is outside the car into the car. There is not heating, or cooling of the air.

If you have an automatic car then you can start the engine(and any cooling/heating) via the on call app.
Thanks “Paulinyork“ I will have to leave with it until next upgrade. Disappointed ☹️ though, was one of the many reasons why I went for the car.
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)
Blue Velvet

Post by Blue Velvet »

OneOff wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:05 pm In certain other countries, not UK, the car has a dedicated heater that doesn't rely on the engine running. In the UK the heater isn't present and all the Parking Climate does is as "paulinyork" says. The app does tell you the temperature at the cars position which is quite handy !!

As is mentioned by paulinyork the other function on the app is "Remote Start". This is useful to defrost the car in the morning. But it does rely on the app autostarting the engine. So you need to be in the cars locale for safety's sake. The car can switch on for between 5 and 15mins. I've found this week that about 10mins does the trick with all windows/mirrors defrosted. The start/stop facility is only present on auto gearbox cars for obvious reasons.
Thanks “One Off” your explanation is great 👍 and highly appreciated. However at point of sale, that was not mentioned...neither does the literature (that bulky manual).

Thanks anyway...
Momentum Pro D3
Red Fusion ;)