Auto start

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Is there any settings with the auto start? Ie,heated seats? Rear/front heated screens? Temperature inside cabin etc?

OneOff

Post by OneOff »

Not temp as far as I am aware. But there is a setting to enable the heated rear screen & door mirrors on start up. This also works with autostart as it's a start up.
I don't have heated front screen or steering wheel so can only assume there'll be a similar facility with those.

This week we've had minus conditions and a heavy frost and I've found a 10 minute start up defrosts all windows and mirrors. No appreciable warming of cabin.

The setting for rear and mirrors is in the car rather than in the app.

The rear screen and mirror activation doesn't start at every start up. It seems to be ambient temperature dependant. It only activates when it's cold.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Ok,thankyou for your reply.
Where can I find the settings in the car?
Sorry for the questions but I only picked up the car yesterday.
OneOff

Post by OneOff »

Page 200 of the PDF version of the manual or search within the online/in-car manual using a suitable term.

I've done that with the PDF version and copy/pasted the text from page 200 here:

Activating and deactivating
automatic starting of the heated rear window and door mirrors

The heated rear window and door mirrors are used to quickly remove mist and ice from the windows and mirrors.
It is possible to set whether automatic start of heated rear window and door mirrors should be activated/deactivated when the engine is started. With automatic start activated, heating will start when there is a risk of ice or misting on the windscreen/window. The heating switches off automatically when the wind-
screen/window is sufficiently warm and the ice or misting is gone.
1. Press Settings in the top view in the centre display.
2. Press Climate.
3. Select Auto Rear Defroster to activate/deactivate automatic start of heated rear window and door mirrors.
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

Thankyou