Week 46: T5 Twin Engine

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
VolvoNL

Post by VolvoNL »

Hi,

If I am not mistaken the production of the T5 Twin Engine will start today in Belgium. I cannot wait to get mine ;)
XC40 T5 Twin Engine, Inscription, Denim Blue, Blonde, Full Options

pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

How did you find that information out? I placed an order for mine on the 4th October. I have been given a lead time of March next year. I am now hopeful that it will arrive sooner. Exciting times!!
PHEV Inscription auto/ denim blue/black interior/xenium, convenience, winter and intellisafe pro packs :D
VolvoNL

Post by VolvoNL »

Volvo has revealed the XC40 T5 Twin Engine will enter production in week 46 this year at the Ghent factory in Belgium.”

Source: Volvo via motor1.com

Delivery (in the Netherlands is February/March ‘20, show models most likely before the end of the year)
XC40 T5 Twin Engine, Inscription, Denim Blue, Blonde, Full Options
Ben20

Post by Ben20 »

I passed an order on October 17th, delivery date estimate on April 30th.
So long to wait ! :lol:
MoosePT

Post by MoosePT »

It seems that something is delayed regarding the production of the Twin Engine..
My order was placed on September 23rd with a Delivery ETA of February 27th. I have contacted the dealer today and it's postponed to April 2nd :x
Inscription T5 TwEn in Onyx Black - Business Pro Pack, Park Assist Pack, Fog Lights - Order placed: September 2019 // Delivery Date: April 3rd 2020
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

Hi,
I ordered the XC40 twin engine on the 4th October. I got an update yesterday that delivery is still on track for early February 2020.
PHEV Inscription auto/ denim blue/black interior/xenium, convenience, winter and intellisafe pro packs :D
hanifJ

Post by hanifJ »

Ordered in early October and informed it will be mid Feb 2020.......super looking forward to it. My first Volvo :)
Current Car: Audi A3 S-Line Black Edition (with every option)

New Car: Volvo XC40 Hybrid (not so many options as you actually get some kit)
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

hanifJ wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:42 pm Ordered in early October and informed it will be mid Feb 2020.......super looking forward to it. My first Volvo :)
I decided against the twin engine T5 due to the delay - would great appreciate if you could post details about driving, charging and fuel stats.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.
morganj

Post by morganj »

Just ordered a Twin Engine last week here in Finland, dealer estimates delivery May / June.
Daily searching for any reviews but so far seems as if no cars have been delivered anywhere, dealer will receive a demo model in Feb / March

EDIT: Dealer informed me that the production in Ghent had not started yet as I mentioned W46. They told me that production should have begun this week W2.
NOW XC60 Plus, Dark T6 Recharge. Vapor Grey

PREVIOUS XC40 T5 Recharge MY21 | Versatility | Driver assist| Techic | Light | Semi-auto Park assist
pasti3008

Post by pasti3008 »

I got an update today on my vehicle. The build is due to complete by 7th February and will be sent for delivery on the 20th.
I'm delaying it until March 2nd so I can get a 2020 plate. Getting excited now.