Build Date

All Volvo XC40 related discussions
Pirots

Post by Pirots »

My car has an ETA of 29th November. Does anyone know whether the car would be built yet?

I want to change the spec, and I am having trouble getting a straight answer from my dealer.
Volvo XC40 1.5 T3 R-Design, Auto, Thunder grey, Xenium pack, Intellisafe surround, Winter pack, Convenience pack, Spare wheel.

emporiky

Post by emporiky »

Highly unlikely that the car has already been built - in my experience, when I was ordering my V40 two years ago, it was built three weeks ahead of delivery. Of course that may vary, especially considering that the car needs some time to get to your dealership in the UK. You should still be able to change the order, however, that may impact the delivery date, and the dealer may not be able to see the impact ahead of the change itself. So think about whether the change you want to make is worth the risk.

I changed my order from a T3 to a T4 engine and that actually decreased the delivery time, since there is more demand for the T3. Later, however, I wanted to add the fog lights (which in Belgium are not standard for any trim), but then I decided not to, in order to avoid delay.
Current car: XC40 T4, Momentum Pro, Fusion Red
Premium Audio, Intelisafe, Park Assist 360, Versatility, Xenium, Winter packs

Previous car: Volvo V40 T3 Inscription
DarrenF

Post by DarrenF »

My delivery date to the dealers is the 25th Nov and I could still make changes the end of last week when I spoke to them to confirm the date.

Get them to check, depending on the change it could affect your date. From what the dealer said to me when ordering it seems to the the engine that makes the biggest difference the date.
XC40 T5 R-Design Pro in Bursting Blue with Convenience, Intellisafe Pro, Winter Plus and Xenium Packs and a few other bits. Ordered July'19 picked up end of Nov'19.