Parking Climate

Faults and Technical chat for the Volvo XC40
kirsty_s2k

Post by kirsty_s2k »

USERof XC40 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:07 pm The start button under the remote start tab switches on the engine.

The start button under the parking climate tab does not switch on the engine. It switches on the parking climate preconditioning heater. UK models do not have the preconditioning heater so that tab of the App is inoperative.
In summer - using the parking climate lets cool outside air circulate into the inside, so it does help a little. Not any use for it in winter though
Ex Owner. Sold Feb 2020
First Edition - Bursting Blue on 19" - D4 AWD Auto
(My other car is a 2002 Honda S2000 in Silverstone)

USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

ciuncky wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:45 pm Funny, considering the app limit is 15 minutes. Whenever i go to remote start, it seems to be predefined to 14 mins.

I guess that’s ok for real cold mornings, snow, ice etc. Will try tomorrow for 8 mins and see how it feels :)
The app limit of 15 mins applies to the "remote start" tab, not the "parking climate" tab.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

ciuncky wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:45 pm Funny, considering the app limit is 15 minutes. Whenever i go to remote start, it seems to be predefined to 14 mins.

I guess that’s ok for real cold mornings, snow, ice etc. Will try tomorrow for 8 mins and see how it feels :)
It's set to 14 mins because someone set it to 14 mins the last time it was used. Mine remembers 5 mins as that's the Apps initial default and I haven't changed it.
Skyrimmer

Post by Skyrimmer »

USERof XC40 wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:07 pm The start button under the remote start tab switches on the engine.

The start button under the parking climate tab does not switch on the engine. It switches on the parking climate preconditioning heater. UK models do not have the preconditioning heater so that tab of the App is inoperative.
I see, however I do not appear to have a remote start tab. Not going to cry over it though as I would probably never use it. Car is fantastic in all other respects with enough gadgets to keep me happy
XC40 Bright Silver T3 Momentum pro with just about every option plus mud flaps and sunglasses holder.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

Skyrimmer wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:16 pm

I see, however I do not appear to have a remote start tab. Not going to cry over it though as I would probably never use it. Car is fantastic in all other respects with enough gadgets to keep me happy
Same here, I would never use it !

In the Android version of the App on the Home screen I have:

Parking Climate
Remote Start
Doors and Locks
Latest Trip
Fuel Range

These are the "tabs" I was referring too. Menu items would be a better description.

The only thing I find useful with the App is the ability to select a destination and send it to the car. All the other items I can't seem me ever using. Perhaps the car finder if ever I lose the car :)
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

Skyrimmer wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:16 pm

Remote start only available in Auto gearbox versions.
fitlikemike

Post by fitlikemike »

USERof XC40 - please tell me how to warm up my car once I've remotely started it e.g.seats and screens?

Does it do this automatically once it determines the outside external air temp and then activating interior things according to this, only if it's cold outside does it turn on the inside. D4 Inscription Pro

Expecting winter to arrive soon here in the Cairngorms.

Many thanks in anticipation ( of your reply that is :-)
XC40. D4. Inscription Pro/Denim blue w/blond interior / 19's. Delivered Sept 2019.
USERof XC40

Post by USERof XC40 »

fitlikemike wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:14 am USERof XC40 - please tell me how to warm up my car once I've remotely started it e.g.seats and screens?

Does it do this automatically once it determines the outside external air temp and then activating interior things according to this, only if it's cold outside does it turn on the inside. D4 Inscription Pro

Expecting winter to arrive soon here in the Cairngorms.

Many thanks in anticipation ( of your reply that is :-)
Sorry, don't know. Only had mine a couple of weeks. I don't have heated seats.
I know you can check a box that auto turns on the back window/mirror heaters. Presume the heater comes on as the car starts depending on how the climate control is set.
I'll experiment and see what happens.
designer

Post by designer »

In settings menu from the top of the screen. go into the climate section and select the relevant options for auto seat heat.
XC40 T4 R-DESIGN
sm1thy23

Post by sm1thy23 »

Having had a few colder mornings now i am finding that giving the remote start 5mins to run before getting on the car is warm enough now, not ideal as it won't work the opposite way in the summer when car is like a sauna
XC40 R-Design T4 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: